Frit-Happens !

Business / Marketing Advice and Tips => Put all your business tips, advice and questions in here => Topic started by: Kaz on March 12, 2009, 12:30:02 PM

Title: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Kaz on March 12, 2009, 12:30:02 PM
Up until now, I have always printed off my own business cards and tie on tags but I keep looking at Moo and wondering...and then navigate away as I think they are horrendously expensive. But they are lovely, so come on those who use them, tell me why I should..... ???
Kazx
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Lush! on March 12, 2009, 12:48:36 PM
Cos they're just so .................... moo  ;D
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: flowerjasper on March 12, 2009, 01:01:30 PM
i love them,
i have stickers as well  ;D
you can zoom in and crop pictures, they are quick to deliver,
go on!
you know you want to!
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Fabienne on March 12, 2009, 01:03:57 PM
Yes, I believe they are!

My son introduced me to them, he's a photographer http://www.yannickdixon.com (http://www.yannickdixon.com), and use them for his businesses cards.

Reasons, easy to use website, you can have more than one design, great quality, the material they use comes from sustainable forests and the box it comes is made from recycled pulp.. yes they are not the cheapest, I suppose it depends on how many you give out....but they are lovely, good quality cards!

I bought 50 and I paid £10.99 +£3.49 shipping. I would think that it is cheaper if you would buy more.

Be careful... if you try them I don't think you will be able to ever go back :)
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Fired Silver on March 12, 2009, 01:16:01 PM
As the others have said, great quality cards.  I LOVE my mini tags because I'm not restricted to just one printed card, I uploaded 10 pictures of my jewellery work so if you order 100 cards you get 10 of each design, which I really liked as I can keep updating with latest work.

I don't think you'll regret it!!

Becci
xx
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: sparrow on March 12, 2009, 01:33:58 PM
I love the variety you get.......I have about ten different photos on mine, and when somebody orders something, I try and include a card with something I think they'll like. I'm a bit moo-addicted.....just did postcards as well, and on my third batch of 250 of business cards.....and just ordered the titchy ones for jewellery, to put the name of the piece on it...  ::) ::)
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Steampunkglass on March 12, 2009, 01:41:51 PM
Yes, do it!!! I thought I'd struggle to get them out, but the novel shape, nice thickness, and having lots of designs seems to make people want to take them, it's so more 'crafty' than normal business cards. I already think I need to get some more reprinted as I have got rid of half somewhere already and want to do more with my Folksy address on them
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Chameleon on March 12, 2009, 02:50:51 PM
They are really nice quality cards, I like them because of the fact you can get so many designs in one pack and because the pack sizes arent too huge, it feels like they are always showing upto date pictures of what im currently doing.

the downside is that you get addicted. .. it starts with business cards, then mini cards, then postcards ....  ::) hmm or maybe thats just me ??  ;D
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: nemea on March 12, 2009, 02:56:44 PM
Kaz I'm thinking about ordering some too but for what it's worth I think your banner will look fantastic as a mini-moo card.
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Sarah on March 12, 2009, 03:16:20 PM
I love them  ;D

They aren't cheap but they are so cute  :) :) :)
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Isabelle on March 12, 2009, 03:23:25 PM
Oh yes! Moo cards rock!
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Les on March 12, 2009, 03:26:02 PM
They're gorgeous !
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Kaz on March 12, 2009, 03:30:48 PM
Right OK - this is the point at which I shout Uncle! I am going to order a full suite this weekend now!
Kazx
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: sparrow on March 12, 2009, 03:53:30 PM
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: hollergrafik on March 12, 2009, 03:57:03 PM
Ooooh is it something pretty??? can I have a link please.
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: bluefairy on March 12, 2009, 03:57:13 PM
I loooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee the mini cards, they're lovely quality, look really professional, I uploaded loads of pics on mine  ;D
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: beadysam on March 12, 2009, 04:02:06 PM
I think they are beautiful if you are an artist and are selling `pieces'.  I think its a fab idea to match up the card with the piece too if you can.  For me selling frit, they are too spendy - but I lust after them....  I think they look great and are such good quality that for an artist its definately worth the investment.
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: sparrow on March 12, 2009, 04:08:52 PM
Lol....artist....better give mine back ;)
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Katiequiggle on March 12, 2009, 04:10:20 PM
I love my moo cards, I attatch one to the ribbon of sets of beads when I send them off and always slip one in with orders. 
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: theflyingbedstead on March 12, 2009, 04:35:09 PM
I am needing to think about business cards too...so thank you for bringing moo to my attention. I have not regretted getting my boxes from The Tiny Box Company!
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Kaz on March 12, 2009, 04:36:00 PM
No me too - I love my boxes and customers seem to like them too and it means the beads arrive safely!
Kazx
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Funky Cow on March 12, 2009, 04:51:56 PM
I love MOO  ;D
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: nemea on March 12, 2009, 04:55:08 PM
 ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Steampunkglass on March 12, 2009, 05:17:01 PM
QuoteOoooh is it something pretty??? can I have a link please.

that's easy, www.moo.com
enjoy!
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: sea-thistle on March 12, 2009, 05:36:50 PM
I love my mini cards as well, they have a picture of one of my sea-horse Dichroic Pendants on them, also I have the stickers with a selection of my pendants on them. I think the quality is great, I also bought the little box/key ring so I always have them in my handbag to hand out! Can't fault them. :)
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: turquoise on March 12, 2009, 06:13:16 PM
Yea I like them a lot.
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Rachel B on March 12, 2009, 08:12:23 PM
My Moo mini cards make go all Homer Simpson......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....moooooo cards!
Love `em, love `em, love `em!!

Convinced?? :D

Rachel x
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: nemeton on March 13, 2009, 09:00:31 AM
Thanks for this folks, I was just thinking about upgrading to 'proper' business cards - off to have a look now, I love the idea of being able to have several different pictures  :)
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: silverlemon on March 13, 2009, 09:13:24 AM
My goodness they're expensive  :o......but very yummy. ;D

I'd be broke if I gave those away, as I get through 100's of cards at shows, and I don't even do that many shows. Must admit I'm very tempted by the mini cards, but it must take ages to do 10 pictures instead of just one?
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Kaz on March 13, 2009, 09:21:26 AM
If you're registered with paypal you should have had an email with 25% off moo cards? You don't have to do 10 different photos. And you can pick them up directly from flickr.
Kazx
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: dinah46 on March 13, 2009, 09:23:37 AM
Quote from: Kaz on March 13, 2009, 09:21:26 AM
If you're registered with paypal you should have had an email with 25% off moo cards? You don't have to do 10 different photos. And you can pick them up directly from flickr.
Kazx

Is that a recent offer Kaz as I certainly haven't had that from paypal ???
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: LittleMoo on March 13, 2009, 09:42:15 AM
Me neither  :(
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Jolene on March 13, 2009, 09:44:54 AM
Buy 200 business cards and get 25% off if you order before 1st April 2009. Just enter promotional code 'MOOpal' at the checkout stage when ordering.
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: theflyingbedstead on March 13, 2009, 10:12:15 AM
Thanks for that Jo.  25% off is worth having!  Now I just need to sort myself out in time.  ::)
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: silverlemon on March 13, 2009, 12:24:36 PM
oooooo, does that include the mini cards too?
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: LittleMoo on March 13, 2009, 01:10:07 PM
Cheers Jo!
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: merlin65 on March 25, 2009, 03:32:48 PM
i,ve honestly never heard of these before what exactly are they ??
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: flowerjasper on March 25, 2009, 04:37:27 PM
have a look at www.moo.com
they are great little cards that you can put your own photos on, really classy!
i have the stickers too, with pictures of the boys, animals and beads on, just because i liked them!
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: kevie192 on March 25, 2009, 05:14:31 PM
I bought some moo cards when I started doing jewellery. I agree, they're lovely but they are very spendy.

Since I've been doing the candles and stuff, I had to get some more that mention that too and decided against getting more Moo cards. Instead, I got some from an eBay seller called MACs Printing.

I ordered 4 x printed notepads and designed an order form to go on them. I just bought some carbon paper and, hey presto, some lovely little order books!

I also ordered 100 full colour business cards. They're proper card size and have a nice sheen to them just like the moo cards but a little bit thinner. I just emailed them my designs and they printed them. Altogether, the pads and cards cost me £12 posted which I think is excellent. I ordered them one Friday and they were posted the following Thursday.

I'm really chuffed with them and will be ordering some soon. (No, I'm not on comission!!!) The link is http://stores.ebay.co.uk/MacsPrinting

HTH

Kevin x

P.S. Did you get your parcel, Kaz??
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: turnedlight on March 25, 2009, 05:24:37 PM
Sounds good Kevin :) I am having a look!
I just recently bought some moo mini cards, I am using them for labels on my beads and jewellery. I think they are great and have made a lot of difference. On the back I put some details and a dotted line to fill in the name/ description of the beads and they do allow plenty of space for that so very happy in all. I don't think I'd do the business cards from them though, bit too expensive.
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Kaz on March 25, 2009, 06:30:56 PM
Thanks Kevin - I did and very chuffed with it. DH loves the room freshener too!
Kazx
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Sulis (Hazel) on March 25, 2009, 09:08:12 PM
Well, I'd never heard of Moo Cards. So I followed the link....they look FAB....and then I stumbled onto their blog and look who I found there?!!

http://www.moo.com/blog/ (http://www.moo.com/blog/)

Our very own BECKY has a special mention!!!!! Woohoooooo!!!!!
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Chameleon on March 25, 2009, 09:44:42 PM
OMG  ;D ;D how cool !!  Gosh that has brightened my evening of pricing lol, thanks Hazel, I hadn't seen that  :-*
Title: Re: Are Moo cards worth it?
Post by: Lush! on March 25, 2009, 10:28:28 PM
Yay!

Nice one Becky!  They blogged me once too - I think the pic they picked is still the most viewed on my Flickr album  ;D