Evenheat E360 kiln vs Paragon SC2

Started by Carrie-Jane, December 16, 2007, 05:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CelticGlass

Quote from: Carrie-Jane on December 16, 2007, 10:09:08 PM
oooh brilliant,
would love to hear how you get on setting it all up and programming it etc..

Good luck!
;D

Programing the Orton built in controller is the easiest of any kiln I've used. Very friendly indeed  ;D

CelticGlass

Quote from: glassworks on December 16, 2007, 06:32:23 PM
excellent!!!.. that's why we make short mandrels too - so they fit all the way inside!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

how about some pics of your new space!

Well better late than never...  4 Bobcats and my Delta Elite at the other end of the workshop... Getting the system commissioned and approved by the local fire Officer was a "BLAST" Well hopefully that will never happen PUN.

CelticGlass

The other end of my studio.... getting gas and fire approved in a listed buildings good fun if ever you want advice.

Sandra J

Wow Ray

Your studio is looking great!

Merry Christmas.

Sandra
Sandra

misspixie

Ran the kiln for the first time tonight! Christmas got in the way of doing it sooner... lol.

Was only firing PMC tonight, seems pretty idiot proof tho... Will be doing some annealing tomorrow morning, got a stack of beads ready and waiting... I'll let you know how programming it and running it goes!

CelticGlass

Quote from: misspixie on December 27, 2007, 12:06:16 AM
Ran the kiln for the first time tonight! Christmas got in the way of doing it sooner... lol.

I like this...got priorities right... firing kilns is better fun than Christmas. Progamming a kiln is not so daunting either.

misspixie

Playing with my torch and the kiln is *much* more fun that avoiding ageing aunties and embarrassing uncles! ;)

And yep, the programming was fine... Just being very, very impatient and waiting for it to finish now...

Carrie-Jane

Ray - your studio is great, what a fab setup!

QuotePlaying with my torch and the kiln is *much* more fun that avoiding ageing aunties and embarrassing uncles!
Well Christmas Day was an almost complete nightmare. Went to visit the inlaws and they were arguing, DH is about ready to divorce himself from his family! and we almost left before Christmas Dinner as they were arguing in front of our 2 year old daughter. We were not allowed Turkey and had to have roast beef. Not good!

QuoteAnd yep, the programming was fine... Just being very, very impatient and waiting for it to finish now...
Well done on getting the kiln up and running!
Carrie.

Funky Cow

Studio's looking great Ray!
I nearly sh*t myself while I was looking however, when you blinked at me on your banner!!!  :o :o :o ;D
So how does one get to come and play at the studio then?

Carrie-Jane, I have an SC2 with bead door, it is fab for annealing beads, but I'm getting more and more frustrated with its uneven fusing capability  >:(
Cathryn xxx     

My Etsy: http://funkycow.etsy.com

Sarah

Quote from: Funky Cow on December 27, 2007, 11:23:01 PM
Carrie-Jane, I have an SC2 with bead door, it is fab for annealing beads, but I'm getting more and more frustrated with its uneven fusing capability  >:(

I have the same problem - its a bit of a compromise - would be best to have 2 kilns really