Main Menu

Fancy a drink?

Started by garishglobes, December 22, 2011, 10:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garishglobes

Fancy a drink? by A flame with desire, on Flickr

I've been wanting to do this for ages!  ;D ;D 
This one is for my god-daughter  ;D  I think I've found the right method (though am still open to alternatives!), it just needs a bit of perfecting  :)

Lotti

Lynnybobs

I'm sure she'll love it - I have a mug with little ceramic frog in the bottom which I love to give to unsuspecting guests !!!
Lynnybobs
----x----

sparrow

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Marcel

I hope the eyeball is secured to the bottom LOL  ;D

GaysieMay

www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

mizgeorge

Black Heart Beads

garishglobes

I hope the eyeball is secure, too! It is melted in, so it should be  ;D ;D

Ian Pearson

Great work. Takes something like this to get me replying. Not sure what dimensions are or which of several techniques used. Interested in how eyeball was held while fusing in.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Dont reply as often now as got bored with technology

Stay healthy

Ian

liquidglass

That's really lovely Emma, is it a eyeball glass (highball), are they scotch bonnets next to it, you could serve up a nice hot drink on a chilli night :D :D ;D ;D

awrylemming

It's a wonderful eyeball too  ;D

garishglobes

oooh, I love the idea of it being a h'eyeball glass  ;D ;D

Ian, thank you - and Happy Christmas. The tubing is about 44mm, I think. I'd love to do a wine glass, but at the moment my lip techniques aren't up to it and I could do with a bushier flame for blowing that big.
I didn't hold the eyeball in place at all. I got the lip sorted (well, sorted after a fashion...), held it with hot fingers and used the dint in the base to keep the eyeball right way up while it melted in. Once started of course, it  holds itself.

fionaess

Quote from: garishglobes on December 22, 2011, 03:54:56 PM
oooh, I love the idea of it being a h'eyeball glass  ;D ;D

Ian, thank you - and Happy Christmas. The tubing is about 44mm, I think. I'd love to do a wine glass, but at the moment my lip techniques aren't up to it .

Brilliant Emma - do you plan on selling them, when you make more?????
I could send you a book that might help you with your lip techniques  :o :o :o :o

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Fiona

That's fab Emma.  I love everything you make.  ;D