Working on it today!! I'm so excited!!!

Started by CarrieH, October 03, 2010, 03:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarrieH

My DH is out working on setting my studio at the moment!  I've been using it for jewellery making for a month or so but now he's sorting out the extra sockets for the kiln and the oxycon and he's been out in the pouring rain cutting hole through the wall for the ventilation fan.  Should be up and running tomorrow!   Must remember to dip mandrels ready to use.   Can't wait!!!!!
Carrie x
www.CarrieandCo.folksy.com
www.carriehartshorn.etsy.com

awrylemming

Isn't he lovely!!  You sound like you're bouncing up and down, and I can't blame you  ;D  Enjoy.

Sue x

sublimekate

mirri marie

I'm going to have to come round for a peep!
Mariex

CarrieH

Tried it out for an hour tonight!  Made 6 (wonky) beads, pulled a bit of stringer and burned myself by forgetting that mandrels in the kiln are hot!  Had a great time.  Reading passing the flame again to decide what to concentrate on first!
Carrie x

sublimekate

:0) Coolio

Take a bowl of ice cubes in so you've got something cold to hand for those burnies....ouch!! I've had to dive for the freezer a few times  :o

liquidglass

Brilliant that you've got you studio up and running to make beads, bet you can't stay out of there.

Margram

;D You've passed the first test, now it's on to picking up a stringer before it has cooled, stabbing yourself with a stringer, shaking the bead release with the lid loose..but don't worry about all that - it's worth it and you will have hours of fun!! ;D
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

CarrieH

Quote from: Margram on October 04, 2010, 12:41:48 PM
;D You've passed the first test, now it's on to picking up a stringer before it has cooled, stabbing yourself with a stringer, shaking the bead release with the lid loose..but don't worry about all that - it's worth it and you will have hours of fun!! ;D

Did the picking the hot stringer up bit straight after the hot mandrel in the other hand!  Two for the price of one.  Shares in Aloe Vera companies will be going sky high!

GaysieMay

Great stuff, and what a great guy!  I keep dropping enormous hints about lighting and warmth for my garage, but they seem to land on deaf ears!
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay