Oxycon help

Started by clasicat, January 14, 2009, 01:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clasicat

Has anyone else had this problem? I have no lights showing on my oxycon apart from the green power light  ??? When I fired it up the green normal light came on it then started fluctuating between green and amber I then taped the oxycon incase it was just a loose connection  and now I have no monitor lights at all !! I have tried switching everything off and restarting but still no lights it seems to be working ok otherwise
Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ??? Just thought i would ask here before I contacted Martin
Claire x

dinah46

The lights on mine have never worked anyway ???

clasicat

Phew it's not something major then thanks Diane  ;D
Claire x

Kaz

Claire - you shouldn't really put any tape (PTFE) on the oxycon as I understand it as oxygen and oil (which is in PTFE) is supposed to be a dangerous combination. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that was what I had understood from my reading round this.
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

clasicat

Sorry my spelling Kaz I tapped it as in hit it not taped it lol why does FH not have spell check lol  ;) ;D
Claire x

Dragonfire Glass

Quote from: clasicat on January 14, 2009, 01:22:30 PM
Sorry my spelling Kaz I tapped it as in hit it not taped it lol why does FH not have spell check lol  ;) ;D

:D   :D   :D

sorry shouldn't laugh! Aren't forums just wonderful?
I sometimes get that problems with texts if the texter hasn't read their own message  :D

The amber light is of more use when being used for its original purpose, i.e. being inhaled I think.  :)

sublimekate

Mine plays up sometimes, lights and all that, the amber light is nearly always on with mine, apparently some of them run like that.

It normally switches itself off after about 5 mins, I switch it on again and second time it generally runs fine, I really need find out what's going on with it, but you know how it is, if it works just carry on and all that  ;D  ;D

theflyingbedstead

My Oxycon doesn't like the cold, which is not uncommon, so I warm up my shed for a while before turning it on (and I tuck the oxycon up at night with a blanket).  This does help to get it started, and I usually get an amber light when it is cold, but eventally, after about 20 minutes of use it changes to the green light.  Sometimes when it is really cold I get the red light coming on, so then I turn the oxy off and wait a few minutes before trying again.  Seems to work fine after that!
Charlotte x

shallybags

Just a quick question about oxycons, do they need to be serviced at all?  I have to admit I don't know how they work, I'm just glad that they do :).  If they do need servicing, who would I take it to?

Like you I'm not sure what the lights are about either but as the oxygen keeps on coming I've ceased worrying. ;)

Shallybags