Main Menu

Still trying

Started by Pat from Canvey, February 13, 2014, 08:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat from Canvey

Heres yesterday's effort. I switched to using a Momka yellow because I kept getting tiny bubbles when I used a Northstar orange. I've also bought some larger boro rods and this has certainly helped me. The marble is sitting on a plastic Party Shot glass, (Party Disposables from Sainsburys)

Shirley

That's cute, Pat, and what a lovely soft yellow.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

garishglobes

It is cute  :)

Have you tried layering a thin amount of a transparent, or clear, over the colour? The cadmium colours are difficult for burning but the transparent can cut some of it out. It can be a slightly different effect though.

Marcel

also what helps is remixing the glass in the flame to drive out airbubbles  ;)

Steampunkglass

Like Emma said, the cadmium colours are a real pain for bubbles, with some colours worse than others (I think I've bought virtually every pink trying to find one that gives a good colour without turning into boiling treacle!) Have you tried some blues?  ;) They do slow down the implosion, but don't have so many bubble problems

Pat from Canvey

Thanks for the tips folks.

Lotti

Lovely implosion Pat and actually you have done better than me with yellow!  I seem to use mainly blues in flowers (although did have a good orangy colour recently that worked well, but don't ask me which one it was except it was a Momka! :)

Barnacle Bay

I just think it is brilliant what you have done esp the learnining curve  ;)    However, the flower is amazing - superb  control.  Now me on the flower I would have of over worked it, but your leaflet petal shapes are really something for me to aspire to  :)