MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - APRIL 2012 - WINNERS ARE NOW UP!!!

Started by Kaz, April 03, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madam Steph

That would be Reichenbach Deep Black, Jay

Linda x

Lyn G

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on April 27, 2012, 06:45:08 PM
I've been busy making more hearts, thanks to Janet lending me her press (and me falling in love and ordering one).  There's a hint of a commission for some heart necklaces so this amber collection was just a few of the ones I've been making.

More hearts by Blue Box Studio, on Flickr

I love these flat hearts, Sue......do you mind me asking which press you used please?   :D

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Lyn G on April 27, 2012, 10:13:01 PM

I love these flat hearts, Sue......do you mind me asking which press you used please?   :D

It's a Bavarian XL press - http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_59&products_id=294; I quite like the flat shape.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Lyn G

Thanks Sue.....I also like the flat shape of it.  I have the Bavarian 3D heart, which I love, but am always looking for other hearts.  I didn't realise they were so large, from your pic.   :D

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Lyn G on April 27, 2012, 11:24:29 PM

Thanks Sue.....I also like the flat shape of it.  I have the Bavarian 3D heart, which I love, but am always looking for other hearts.  I didn't realise they were so large, from your pic.   :D

36mm I think, takes about a rod of glass each.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Pauline

ok here goes, entering both challenges, really scary coming after all those brilliant entries
I managed a hollow heart, its not perfect by any means but its all my own work!

P4110619 by seally beads, on Flickr
thank you

Sin

I love amber colors, I use them very often for my flower beads.

spexy

tomcat

a bit predictable from me i guess but it was my first thought as I was playing with the shape already

mid amber with a red and yellow added for interest, nothing clever or as creative and skilled as the others here but I think it works okay
Mark - Blog - http://beadsbeerandphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
Life is not a game - its THE game, so play it like you mean it
A Long time ago in Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, cats have not forgotten this !

Pandanimal

I love amber too. And so many to love here. I have been playing with the replica ancient amber technique, and luckily they fit in here just fine.

DSCF5478 by Pandanimal, on Flickr

jammie

an entry at last for her. A looong tube with amber in it.

amber tube by jeanie- Ceardannan Jewellery, on Flickr

Nicknack

What's happened to this challenge?  Nobody has announced a winner or set a new challenge!  I've been following the challenges, and was thinking of posting an entry in the next one, if I could.

Kaz

I have just done the draw and the winner of this challenge is jammie - you will hear about your prize from Off Mandrel shortly.
I'll also send a runner up prize to noora - please PM me with your address details.
Congrats to the winners!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Pauline

BeeBeads