I think my oxycon my have swine flu

Started by dollie-mixture, January 03, 2010, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dollie-mixture

Hi
My oxycon keeps cutting out, for 5 Min's it does runs OK and then I add in the propane. I then attempt to make a bead have way through, the oxycon stops working and the red light comes on.   I switch it back on, start again, and the same thing happens.
My studio space, is in the garage a joining the house, so the oxycon may be cold but it's dry.
I've found the outer filter, and cleaned it. I have read other people's posts, but technical I'm not, I can't even work how to open the outside casing never mind clean the internal filter, it's the companion 590i model.
Does any know how to do this? Can my oxycon can over come it's swine flu or is it terminal? :'(
Heather

kerensky

Why don't you bring it inside overnight and see if that makes a difference?  It could be a bit damp.

I take it, that you have read the other threads on Oxcons playing up ? and have tried, dropping it, stroking it, cleaning the filters, wrapping it up in a blanket etc etc.

Good luck.

June

Martin or Sean should be around tomorrow, so if all else fails, you could try and contact one of them for advice?   

julieHB

Mine is also in a dry, but cold (at the moment) and does the same - I just keep starting it, and after 30 - 40 mins it stabilizes and runs smoothly. It's a pain, but it's the way it is, unless you are able to keep it warm and cosy at all times.

I spend the first half hour thinking about what to do, dipping mandrels etc.

I don't think it's terminal - last winter I thought it was, but it improved as soon as the warmer weather set in.

NB: I read somewhere that it is imperative that an oxycon is run for at least 30 minutes every time it was started - it has to do with giving it enough time to rid itself of moisture in the sieve beds. HTH.  :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

♥♥Tan♥♥

Quote from: kerensky on January 03, 2010, 05:20:39 PM
Why don't you bring it inside overnight and see if that makes a difference?  It could be a bit damp.

I take it, that you have read the other threads on Oxcons playing up ? and have tried, dropping it, stroking it, cleaning the filters, wrapping it up in a blanket etc etc.

Good luck.

You forgot praying to the oxycon gods ;D

princess pink

this happened to me, and sean (off mandrel) suggested that i turn it down to between 3.5-4l/min and it hasn't had a problem since. x

kerensky

Quote from: Tan on January 03, 2010, 05:44:30 PM
Quote from: kerensky on January 03, 2010, 05:20:39 PM
Why don't you bring it inside overnight and see if that makes a difference?  It could be a bit damp.

Good luck.

You forgot praying to the oxycon gods ;D

Yes that too - but I did edit my original post to exclude "swearing" at it, as if I would ;-) ......

dollie-mixture

Thank you Tan, princess pink, julie HB, June and Kerensky,for all your kind replies,
I have got it a nice little fan heater from the loft (not the weather for camping, so won't be missed for a while.)

I shall pray to the oxycon god tonight.   

Tomorrow after work I will try, the heater on before I start it, turn oxycon on to 3.5 - 4l/min make stringers etc, and then hopefully if the gods are kind and I am lucky I might make a bead 30-40mins later.

Thank you all so much,
if all that fails, swear alot, and then contact Martin.

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

bubblefizz

Mines exactly the same!!!
mines going in for a service with martin  ;D