pearl grey and opaque pink

Started by Forester18, October 05, 2009, 04:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forester18

I'm having a really bad day. Hope this is the right place to post. Effetre pearl grey made a really nice bead. The next one and the next etc was streaked with a muddy colour. Tried different places in the flame, just as bad, tried more propane, less propane, more oxygen, less oxygen, tore my hair out swore, shouted. Tried some opaque pink same problems. Can anyone please suggest what's going wrong before 'she who must be obeyed' calls for the men in white coats.

Frederick

theflyingbedstead

I have heard about this issue before - can't find the thread though...

If I remember correctly, it could be that your propane bottle is getting a bit low and sometimes the bottles aren't cleaned often enough and contaminants have got out.  Or maybe your torch needs a clean?
Charlotte x

Kaz

Sounds to me like your propane is on its way out - I take this as a sure sign that mine needs replacing.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Forester18

Many thanks for your replies - I think you're probably right. I know the cylinder was very low and I was trying to use it up but I have a spare and am going to put the new one on this afternoon and hopefully all will be OK.

Frederick

Trudi

Forester18

Many thanks ladies. Changed the cylinder and all OK. So that was the problem mucky propane.
Frederick