ultra sonic cleaners

Started by sarah t, May 12, 2009, 12:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarah t

i was looking at ultra sonic cleaners and whilst searching through previous threads  for info i found a few of you who were going to say what they thought when they had tried them ......but cannot find any of you that did  ;)...whats the latest gossip on these ?

Black Heart Beads

I had a go but mine didnt remove the bead release.

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I tried to clean jewellery and beads with mine and got nowhere. It is sitting in it's box waiting for a new home  :(

sarah t

theflyingbedstead

I remember reading somewhere that the less expensive ultrasonic cleaners required a long time to clean properly. I was thinking of getting one to clean beads for photographing, and it hadn't occurred to me for using them to get rid of bead release.
Charlotte x

mizgeorge

I know I've said this before, but they're fab for cleaning spectacles and electric toothbrush heads.....

sarah t

Diane

I have one that I use regularly but only when I've finished removing all the bead release from the bead holes.  Just add a bit of Fairy liquid and it seems to add a bit of sparkle - but it might just be my imagination ::) although there always seems to be a bit of residue in the container even though I think I've reamed the beads thoroughly.

Diane x

squirsygirl

Quote from: Diane on May 12, 2009, 04:12:43 PM
I have one that I use regularly but only when I've finished removing all the bead release from the bead holes.  Just add a bit of Fairy liquid and it seems to add a bit of sparkle - but it might just be my imagination ::) although there always seems to be a bit of residue in the container even though I think I've reamed the beads thoroughly.

Diane x

A little while ago I bought some Somerfield jasmin hand wash - and all the girls in the office said how sparkly it made their rings - and they were right.  It was quite amazing.  I felt like writing a jingle for Somerfield -

Now hands that do filing,
have rings as sparkly as new,
with mild soapy,
Jasmin Handwash

But it didn't sound quite right!

Kirsty

navarre

There is a huge difference in efficency between the various ultrasonic cleaners - the more you pay the better they are - and the good ones "Really" are goooooood. (I'm a watcmaker - we use ultrasonics for cleaning not only watch and clock mechanisms - but cases also and they really do make life easier)

Some tips common to all of them - use either boilded water (allowed to cool) and once th tank is filled run it for a while to de-gas.

The efficiency of the cleaner is less if the fluid hasnt yet expelled the disolved gas\oxygen.

Preferably use a cleaning solution designed for ultrasonics.

Dont use clod solution - when the water\solution is cold its less efficient at cleaning.