With thanks to Sean and Emma

Started by Stacy, April 18, 2011, 12:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stacy

At the end of last year I spent a couple of days with Sean at Off Mandrel working on tubing techniques which was something I was desperate to do but couldn't get to grips with on my own.
Sean is a fantastic and patient teacher and I came away from my course really charged with the things he had taught me but knowing it was going to take a lot of practise to get these techniques down.
4 months later I am ashamed to say that I didn't do as much practise as I would have liked (I get very frustrated and end up turning the torch off in anger if things don't go my way  :-[ ) After a little while I was beginning to think that I had forgotten everything I was taught...
Well on Friday/Saturday I had a lovely guest in the guise of Emma of GarishGlobes and we played with more tubing  ;D Watching her work brought back much of my course and with her help and guidance I was able to produce a couple of pretty good bottles.
Now its like my course with Sean only happened a few days ago and with the added bonus of Emma's guidance over the weekend I feel like I'm finally getting to grips with tubing!!!  ;D

So I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to both of them as without there help and generosity with their knowledge I would never have been able to work it out on my own!! So Thank You!!!  :-*

Here are a few images of some of the things I have produced over the past couple of days. I know they are not perfect but I'm happy (read: over the moon) with the start I've made!!!

JKC

garishglobes

Stacy, they're lovely!  :D :D
I'm all embarrassed now, knowing how much you did for yourself - I think having me there just brought all your knowledge back  :)
Are the stripes in that lower one Silver Aqua? It is very pretty  :)

Be warned however, tubing is addictive  ;D ;D

SilverGems89

Stacy they're fab! i particularly love the 3rd one, Well Done!

JKC

What size and thickness of tubing were you using Stacy? 

Les

wow Stacy .. they're brilliant !!!

ScarletLeonard

garishglobes

I may have supplied the tube  :D and if I did, it would probably be 12mm with 1.5mm wall  :)

Stacy

Thank You!  :)

Emma, The bottom one is Tequila Sunrise and an unlabelled rod you left here, if I has to take a stab I'd say it was a momka multicolour. It was ribbed and is a pale blue colour.

Most of those bottles are 13mm, 2.5mm wall. I've also used 18mm, 2.5 wall I think??

garishglobes

Ooh, so are some of them bigger, then, if you used the 18mm tubing?

QuoteIt was ribbed and is a pale blue colour
- yup, Silver Aqua  :) It is sooo pretty..

Stacy

Quote from: garishglobes on April 18, 2011, 01:01:42 PM
I may have supplied the tube  :D and if I did, it would probably be 12mm with 1.5mm wall  :)

Lol! Cross posted. Emma's right, I had forgotten about that.. the two bottles in the same picture were done on Emma's tubing. The other's were done on some tubing I bought ages ago and the only one I did on the bigger stuff isn't pictured because it was a complete fail!!

garishglobes

QuoteEmma's right
;D ;D ;D Can I hire you to say that to my family? Over and over again?  ;D ;D ;D

Stacy

Quote from: garishglobes on April 18, 2011, 01:06:28 PM
Ooh, so are some of them bigger, then, if you used the 18mm tubing?

The green one is biggest but wasnt done on the 18mm (which I think again must be yours as I can't find any in my lot) the one I did do on the 18mm was fairly large but basically exploded when I wAs cutting my petals.. I need better snips!! :D

Stacy

Quote from: garishglobes on April 18, 2011, 01:10:15 PM
QuoteEmma's right
;D ;D ;D Can I hire you to say that to my family? Over and over again?  ;D ;D ;D

No worries... You just need to pay me in knowledge!!

Hamilton Taylor

Lovely stuff, Stacy!
I see I'm going to have to pull my finger out, and Actually Make Something....

Sean