What's your torch ???

Started by Les, September 18, 2008, 09:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

I love my Bethlehem Betta  :)

I've tried others - but not a national - and the betta is definitely my favourite

I'm running on one oxycon but hope to upgrade very soon now my shed is being set up

Sarah
xxx

sparrow

Another mega minor here - really useful, as I like going 'big'  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Chameleon

Im on a minor which i love however I want a bethlehem PM2D. as there's about as much chance of that as pigs flying I'd settle for a barracuda  ;D

the minor is a whole different creature on tanked oxy, loved that when i had a go - i run it on 1 oxycon - so i would think it is very nice on 2 oxy's but i want to be able to make MUCH bigger work which is why i want the bigger torch.

Revontulet

I've got a Bethlehem Minnow & a Nortel minor, & 2 oxycons - either one on  both oxycons is much more poweful than on one oxycon - the Minnow has a narrower flame, the minor a much more bushy one - for bigger beads or dabbling with boro I tend to use the Minor, or for more detailed stuff I use the Minnow.  But as Shirley says, its the 2 oxycons that make the most difference.....
Dawn

Les

Pity there's nowhere to go really, that has all these different torches available to try out..... well certainly nowhere local, anyway.... 
More than anything, I am looking for a second torch station, rather than moving into boro ... so I'm not totally bothered if the torch is not that great on 2 oxy's .... I just like the thought of being a bit more flexible than I can be at the moment.....

I'd love to think about teaching at some point... and I am also really excited at the prospect of having glass jams every so often too... we shall see.....

:)

Soozintheshed

Sooz     '(0,0)'

www.thebeadshed.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Bead-Shed

Les

Might just take you up on that sometime matey :D :D :D

xxxx

Pat from Canvey

I've got a Carlisle miniCC and 2 oxycons after starting out on a hothead. I would like a torch with a bushier flame though for bigger pieces, any suggestions. I've kept the hothead.

turnedlight

Minor, one oxycon. I would like a bushier flame too, it's tricky keeping the big ones warm, but I'm not desperate yet!
kathryn

*rowanberry*

Love the mega minor, it can so cope with big stuff - much more than the minor. Much prefer it to my old minor, flame is bushier and softer than the minor, but somehow hotter. And less prone to boiling glass.
It happily did boro on one oxycon the other day.

editted to say, that was a 1 inch wide boro bead too - with full proper striking!
Claire

mizgeorge

I'm not really qualified to join this thread, except that I got a shipping notice today, and my little purple cricket is on it's way!

Les

I'm kind of leaning towards a mega minor at the mo.... for no other reason than I miss my minor burner.... aren't I sad :P

Oh wow George !!!!!!!!!! Fab news !! I bet you are DEAD excited !!! ;D

xx

julieHB

I'm on a bobcat, upgrading after qute a short time on the HH.

The bobcat is very sexy, and very quiet (!), and it can certainly melt 104 glass  ;D ;D ;D

Unfortunately I am useless to you, Les, as I haven't tried other torches, so cannot compare..

Good luck on your quest!

PS: congratulations, George, you'll love it!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

*rowanberry*

I just found this which helps compare flame sizes on torches if this will help anyone?
http://www.angrymandrel.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=4989.0

George, your cricket sounds fab :D Am jealous!
Claire

sparrow

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial