MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - MARCH 2012 - WINNER UP!!!

Started by Kaz, March 03, 2012, 11:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

This latest batch is completely unworkable. My worktop is covered in celadon frit from 2 whole rods.... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

awrylemming

Not just me then  :(  I managed to get a set made, but not without much cussing and ducking and picking up green frit on the end of a clear rod ...

SDC11985 by awrylemming, on Flickr

Krysia@No98

my 'made' rod was incredibly sputty too.
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Lotti

I got some in my March Tuffnells gift to myself last week and it isn't too bad on the shocky front.  I have a couple to show, once I get round to photos.  I really love the colour of this, but need to learn how to use it slight streakyness a bit better, or rather to my advantage!  Lovely beads by the way everyone.  :) :)

helbels

I have an "old" rod of Celadon which was fine - but then I added some Atlantis dots, and THAT was frit on a stick!

Madam Steph

Yesterday, I took a set of beads out of the kiln having used some of your murrini, Kaz.
It's the very bestest results I have ever had with any murrini, ever and I'm delighted with them ;D
I bought them via Julie at the Julie and George weekend way back and only just used some, and I reordered from you yesterday  :)
My big problem now is.......I need to make some spacers...with Cpitty Celadon  :o  :(  :'(

Linda x

Madam Steph

Quote from: helbels on March 11, 2012, 11:24:23 AM
I have an "old" rod of Celadon which was fine - but then I added some Atlantis dots, and THAT was frit on a stick!

Oh poo!!!!!
My next order was going to be for some Atlantis and some Kalypso  :(

Linda x

tish

ive just bought some celedon from tuffys to try

Alison G

Quote from: awrylemming on March 11, 2012, 11:09:47 AM
Not just me then  :(  I managed to get a set made, but not without much cussing and ducking and picking up green frit on the end of a clear rod ...

SDC11985 by awrylemming, on Flickr

These are gorgeous. I'm glad I don't have any if it's Frit on a stick!
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

jammie

Lovely beads everyone! I have 2 rods and have bought or swopped it from somewhere so no idea how old a batch! Tis a little shocky but my back rooms gets so cold the glass often spits a bit, my reflexes are getting really good! ::)

Lotti

OOh lovely Sue.  :)

Here are my attempts!

A lentil, that I wanted to keep simple but is very streaky.

A stripey one

A set which will become a macrame bracelet, when I have a mo.

poledra1958

Found my one rod  ;D ;D ;D  And it was warm enough to bead today.

Pictures to follow.

HH on Bulk,

awrylemming

I forgot what a lovely bright colour this is - I love your lentil Lotti  ;D

Madam Steph

Some good news re Cpitty Celadon....the rod I just used was wonderfully non cpitty  ;D

Never had to duck once and finished all my spacers

Linda x

tish

i made these with the cim celedon i just got from tuffys for this challenge and no spitting or cracking for me. it was a nice smooth rod to use