Main Menu

Cab mandrel

Started by BeeBeads, June 14, 2012, 02:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeBeads

I've just bought a couple of Manda's cab mandrels.  Is there a guide for idiots on how to use them please?
I'm hoping to produce some popper toppers eventually but have never used a cab mandrel before.

I'd be grateful for any help, advice or a shove in the right direction!   :D

ARBeads

Yep I'd second that. Mandas Harlequin Tutorial covers everything, with the added bonus of how to make those gorgeous flower cabs. Be warned they're very addictive.
Ruth & Andy

www.etsy.com/shop/arjewellery for beads!

MangoBeads

Thank you both :)  ;) Bee i am in the process of writing a short tutorial specifically on the cab mandrel and using it for poppers ... Hoping to have it done in the next few weeks :)
You would find the harlequin one useful but the one im doing might be more specific to the questions you have :)
Hope that helPs :)

Xx

BeeBeads

Thanks Manda, that sounds perfect.  I need basic instructions on how to use the cab mandrel before I can progress to more fancy things!  I seem to take a while to get the hang of things so I aim to start at the very lowest level!

Mandrels arrived this afternoon and they look lovely - looking forward to having a go.   ;D

MangoBeads

Quote from: BeeBeads on June 14, 2012, 04:21:53 PM
Thanks Manda, that sounds perfect.  I need basic instructions on how to use the cab mandrel before I can progress to more fancy things!  I seem to take a while to get the hang of things so I aim to start at the very lowest level!

Mandrels arrived this afternoon and they look lovely - looking forward to having a go.   ;D

it will be perfect then :) and dont worry about sending the poppers back i will replace as soon as the new ones come in :)

have fun its very addictive and you will really enjoy it too ..

Pat from Canvey

Just cover in bead release, let dry and add molten glass. Just have a go and see how you get on. No one does it perfectly first time.

BeeBeads

Thank you Manda  :-*

Now that's one thing I know I CAN do ... become addicted!   ;D

BeeBeads

Quote from: Pat from Canvey on June 14, 2012, 04:41:40 PM
Just cover in bead release, let dry and add molten glass. Just have a go and see how you get on. No one does it perfectly first time.

Thanks Pat!  :D

BeeBeads

Just want to say thank you very much to Manda, the poppers arrived today.
Yay!  Looking forward to having a go now!

MangoBeads

Quote from: BeeBeads on June 19, 2012, 10:29:43 PM
Just want to say thank you very much to Manda, the poppers arrived today.
Yay!  Looking forward to having a go now!

That's good and we have spent all day photographing for the tutorial :) so if you get stuck help is at hand ....:) but you will be fine I'm sure :) xx