Main Menu

Pandora Glass

Started by Yellow friend, January 27, 2010, 03:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverGems89

That second set have some beautiful colours in them, Congrats!
I wish i had a kiln so i could play with pretty silver glass  :(

Trudi

wow - you've got some great colours!

Yellow friend

Kathryn

I simply encased the topaz with Pandora pressing so that it went on fairly thinly, I think some of the variation comes from putting it on in slightly different thicknesses.  I just melted it in, with no raking involved.  I think I will try super heating & then encasing to see if I can get colour first time.  I did do a tornado bead which is still a yukky beige apart from the ends which have gone red.  The encasing was a bit thicker so I'm going to put it in again, I have nothing to lose cos it's pretty grim as it is  :D

Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Redhotsal

They look great! Well done - I've never got red from Pandora!

Pat from Canvey

There you go. If at first you don't succeed, try try try again. Beautiful resuts.

Veebee

Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Yellow friend

Thank you ladies, just hope it wasn't beginners luck now that I've decided to make a necklace out of them.  Fingers crossed for the next batch.  :D

Shelia

Sarah

Lovely beads Sheila - well done  ;D

I'd be interested to see how you get on with super heating pandora - my experience is that it doesn't like much done to it before it goes in the kiln.

Sarah
xxx

Yellow friend

All the second batch were heated until they were white hot but not for too long, just up to the point where you can see some of the lines turn into dots.  I've done a couple more this evening so will see how they turn out tomorrow.  They all looked slightly reddish before I put them in the kiln.  I don't know if its because they were on topaz.  Maybe I should just try the next batch on clear?