Main Menu

What about the blues?

Started by sparrow, October 31, 2007, 08:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

Just out of curiosity....I've seen the vetrofond odd lots (which are gorgeous), Q's new paddles (gorgeouser), and just received my ASK104 starter pack (yumyum)....I noticed that the striking/reducing colours are nearly all (all??) reds, browns, greens, yellows.......I'm not complaining, they are yummyyummyyummy, just wondering whether there is something in the blue pigmentation (or whatever) that makes it harder to achieve these clever reactions? Just musing, really, and trying to learn :)))
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Sulis (Hazel)

Hi Sabine,

There are several silvered blues about, but not too many Vetro odds with blue in them. I'll do lots of experiments with some of the gorgeous Vetro standard blues to see what reactions I can get this weekend in Belgium. There are some amazing blue reactive glasses by Double Helix (available from Glassworks amongst others).

Combining Turquoise with Ivory often produces some very interesting results if you haven't tried that popular combination already.

Hazel
Hazel x

sparrow

Ooooh, I was just about to head into the garage  ;D ;D ;D ;D Okay, here goes another experiment :)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

*rowanberry*

try adding some silver on top of transparent blues... yummmmmm
Claire