Homemade base for Catwalk presses?

Started by Ilona, February 24, 2010, 10:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilona

I have just got my Catwalk press today and love it :) I didn't like my customs charge though :(

I have made a make ship base for it at the moment, and was wondering what others have used to make theres. Any tips?

princess pink

i'm pretty sure sam/saffie has a homemade base...worth searching as i'm sure she showed it on here.x

ejralph

I'm cheap, I just use a couple of L brackets duck-taped to the bench.  ;D

Emma

Sulis (Hazel)

Hazel x

Ilona

Thanks for that Emma, I will go on a L bracket hunt tomorrow :) :)
Have you got a pic?

ejralph

Quote from: Ilona on February 27, 2010, 10:05:31 PM
Thanks for that Emma, I will go on a L bracket hunt tomorrow :) :)
Have you got a pic?

Well, that would mean showing in public the embarassament that is my shed, so no.

No pictures. Move along, nothing to see here...

Seriously, nothing clever though - literally just two L bracelets  taped to the desk to hold the bottom of the press in place. The tall uprights from the L bracelet also act as guides for the top.

Next time I am in the shed, I will try to remember to take a photo - but it might be a few days yet given the weather!

Emma

Ilona

Hi Emma,

I have sorted it now. Hubby got is saw out and we made one :)

Zeldazog

Nothing useful to add to this thread, just a comment that I must try harder to read the correct words - I read "Homebase base for...." spent a good long time thinking "Wow, wonder what Homebase are selling that could be used...." I even went into thread thinking I Can't have read it right and didn't notice.

It was only just now, catching up that I saw what you REALLY wrote!

Sulis (Hazel)

Quote from: Ilona on February 28, 2010, 07:00:01 PM
Hi Emma,

I have sorted it now. Hubby got is saw out and we made one :)

Hi Ilona,

Would you mind showing a pic if you get a chance? I need to make one too, I have a hubby and a saw at the ready  :)

Hazel  xx
Hazel x