Dirty Clear......

Started by Mandy, October 21, 2011, 11:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandy

Ive not had this problem before,so don't know what to do..... So I'm asking the frit people to put me straight xx
i have been using my crystal clear and I have never had any problems, then all of a sudden black streaks....:(....
I clean the glass before and always cut the end before use, What else can I do?...
Thankyou xx

Kaz

Some suggestions:
Check that your propane is not running out.
Turn the propane down/oxy up for a more oxygen rich flame.
Check you are using Eff 006 and not 004.
Check there is nothing on the face of your torch (bit of glass, frit or carbon deposits)
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Mandy

I'm am using 004, I will check torch now.... Would like to say thanks for advice and thanks for the lovely frit I brought off you last week..I will def be back again as I have my eye on your frit bundle... :)

Mandy

Actually just looked and it is 006..There was some frit in the torch so i have cleared it out, fingers crossed it works! thanks again x

Madam Steph

Quote from: Mandy on October 21, 2011, 12:25:16 PM
There was some frit in the torch

Yeah, that would deffo do it, Mandy.

I have a Cricket, and although I dont work with a high propane flame, I don't work NEAR to the flame and my 5 little jets are sufficient in length not to cause soot, I regularly have to clean the holes with the pokey wire

Linda x