Storage for Glass

Started by Billie, April 05, 2007, 09:10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soozintheshed

I use CD Racks, they seem to work really well.
Sooz     '(0,0)'

www.thebeadshed.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Bead-Shed

♥♥Tan♥♥

Blimey Sooz, thats a piece of contemperary art!!!

Shirley

I've just cut 8 pieces for my pyramid, only 48 to go  :D :-\
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Billie

ROTFL..!  That'll be me once I've had a trip to B&Q  ;D ;D  Thinking of you!!!!  Ha, ha, ha!

Shirley

I'm on my third saw! Little junior hacksaw just wasn't up to it, so found another one in the garage but had to stop using it when the rivets that held the blade to the handle fell out! Am now using another big saw and it works fine :D

*Nicky*

Shirley - can you get anywhere near a chop saw - like a circular disk that you pull down to chop stuff in half ?

I borrowed my dads and all the cutting was done in 15 mins (50 like you) mind you, it looks like its been snowing after youve finished !

Shirley

I've got a friend who could probably do it but it might be a bit cheeky to ask - seen him once in the last 6 months!  :D Won't hurt me to do it now I've found a saw that works!

beadysam

Ask on Freecycle if anyone has a saw you can use.  Hubby used a chop saw to cut some of mine - I think you can get a cheapy one for about £15 for basic jobs.

Shirley

Freecycle is a good idea, just joined the local group. Never mind a saw, I might be able to get rid of lots of other old junk! :D

Carol

I've just bought a VERY cheap shelving unit thingy from Ikea, & use chopped up 40mm drainage pipes stacked inside. (There were some plumbers working at my Dad's recently & they left a big piece of pipe behind - guess where it is now.... ;))
Carol

bubblefizz

Quote from: strawackie on April 07, 2007, 03:41:42 PM
I've just bought a VERY cheap shelving unit thingy from Ikea, & use chopped up 40mm drainage pipes stacked inside. (There were some plumbers working at my Dad's recently & they left a big piece of pipe behind - guess where it is now.... ;))

Have you got a pic carol?

beadysam

Quote from: Shirley on April 07, 2007, 10:26:33 AM
Freecycle is a good idea, just joined the local group. Never mind a saw, I might be able to get rid of lots of other old junk! :D

Yeah! Another member has joined our global community!  Sorry, I am the Wrexham Freecycle mod and I get a bit excited sometimes... :-[

Shirley

lol Sam. afraid Wrexham is a little far for me :D I'm hoping there are plenty of people a bit closer to home who might like to take a few select items off my hands :)

beadysam

I doubt you'll have any problems - I even have people taking 3 binbags of chicken poo from me on a weekly basis! ::)

Billie