....and am I the only one who's counted the holes in your storage? 210  ;D

Sabine.....you have got it bad, I didn't even know that lol

Diane

Quoteand am I the only one who's counted the holes in your storage? 210 

But some are still waiting for glass ;D ;D ;D

Krysia@No98

Quote from: sparrow on November 18, 2009, 06:39:53 PM
....and am I the only one who's counted the holes in your storage? 210  ;D

::)  those slots will get filled up very quickly.  If you think that there are over 100 different effetre colours and then there's the CIM and Reich... 

It looks like you have a good space for each colour.

This is my storage

It is the standard guttering and waste pipe arrangement.  There is a lot more glass in it now and I have some more of the white pipe to cut up and add to it as I am now running out of space!
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

SallyB

Hello

I've gone for glass jars:

The glass looks pretty I think all on display and brightens my shed up.  My favourite jars are for St Dalfour jam - they are nice and thin and tall.  I have a few jars at the front with colours together I think will look nice mixed.  I've nearly managed to label all my rods so I don't get confused between colours like light and dark ivory and dark sky blue and turquoise.

This works for me.  I hope you find something that works for you or maybe you already have.  I've not read all this post since I've been wrestling with Photobucket instead.

Sally

Krysia@No98

Quote from: SallyB on November 30, 2009, 02:15:57 PM
I have a few jars at the front with colours together I think will look nice mixed. 

Ooo I do that too!!  I call them my colour pallette jars.  (98% of my rods are labelled too)

Kaz

Is that a precise 98% Krysia or does it allow for some rounding??? ;D
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Krysia@No98

humm.. rounding me thinks  ;D  You know those transparent white ones that go pink... I haven't labelled those and then I think there are a few odd rods... (before you think that I know this all a little two well I have only gone though it all with in the last month  ;) )

SallyB

I like the name you've come up with.

I think I might have to have a little break from lampworking.  Came in from my shed about ten minutes ago and I still can't feel my feet!

Sally

Krysia@No98

LOL all that means is that you need a heater.

SallyB

I borrowed this radiator thing off a friend and it's a bit rubbish.  There's a fan heater in the garage that someone may find one day.

I don't have any ventilation so have to have the door open and a window which is a bit rubbish.

Just ordering some polymer clay to keep me busy during the winter months!

Sally

Krysia@No98

this was one of the motivating factors to getting my ventilation sorted.  I do this in my home and an open window would mean the whole flat geting very cold very quickly!

SallyB

I feel a bit like I've dug a hole though and am chucking money in it!
One day I will get it sorted so it's cosy but I've only been going a year and have already ended up with a shed in the garden and more glass than I really "need" which I'm very grateful for.
Sally

Krysia@No98

LOL

Glass is like lego, you can never have enough of it.

Has the hole that you've been throwing money into not started lobbing beads back at you yet?

SallyB

I do get lots of beads thrown back (or did until it turned so cold).  Lots of them are a bit rubbish and some are very nice.  My florals, which were improving, have done lots of cracking recently.  I blame the lack of kiln and the cold outside for it.

I made a bracelet recently I'm really pleased with but the weather is so cold no one ever sees it because I have my coat on!

Sally

Krysia@No98

I got two layers of fiber blankets wrapped up in foil before I got the kiln.

Are you far of getting one?