Set Up

Started by Fruddy, September 01, 2010, 09:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fruddy

Well, I dashed home like the wind tonight, as the nice Parcelforce man had left two big boxes at home containing my Oxy (which has a sticker on the front of it from Tuffnells saying "Thank you for adopting me, my name is Bobbi, please look after me!" - ahhhh bless!!!), my minor torch, 2 kilos of transparent and opaque Effetre, 24 mandrels, bead release, various tools and a pair of Diddys!  You should have seen me, I was like a kid on christmas morning!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Having unpacked everything though, I was a little confused to find no instructions regarding setup from Martin.  The Oxy looks easy enough to sort out, but the regulator and flashback arrestor for the propane looks very scary!  I haven't got my gas yet, will be getting a tank on Saturday, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with it.  My hubby will probably know more, but he too was wondering if there were any instructions/guidance to be had - with it being gas we don't want to do the wrong thing!!

What am I best doing tomorrow - dropping Martin an email or giving him a call?

Thanks in advance for the advice and help guys!  Itching to get it all set up in the new Shedio!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hazer

Yay, congratulations :D No advice from me since I'm on a HH, but if you're still unsure tomorrow I'd give Martin a call :)
ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

Dragonfire Glass

Fruddy

Thanks chaps - will do so in the morning.

;D

Sulis (Hazel)

Yep, call Martin. But make sure you have a cup of tea made BEFORE you call. Get him started and you won't be able to stop him  ;) 

He's great though, honestly. Really knows what's what and will tell you exactly what you need to do.

When you get your gas, make sure you have an adjustable spanner or mole grips that you can use to tighten the connection on top of the cylinder. There's nothing more frustrating than having everything ready to go only to find that you can't find something to fit the connection!! Bitter experience born of a Sunday late afternoon speaking there  ::)

Have fun  xx
Hazel x

poledra1958

Quote from: Sulis on September 01, 2010, 11:49:36 PM
Yep, call Martin. But make sure you have a cup of tea made BEFORE you call. Get him started and you won't be able to stop him  ;) 

He's great though, honestly. Really knows what's what and will tell you exactly what you need to do.

When you get your gas, make sure you have an adjustable spanner or mole grips that you can use to tighten the connection on top of the cylinder. There's nothing more frustrating than having everything ready to go only to find that you can't find something to fit the connection!! Bitter experience born of a Sunday late afternoon speaking there  ::)
Have fun  xx

agree with the spanner could not find mine the day I set my torch up lucky we had some people doind the guttering that day and one of them had a spanner and dis it for me

jenny

HH on Bulk,

Fruddy

well, I'm at work today and its not easy to talk, so I emailed Martin this morning.  He read it, but he hasn't emailed me back.

I don't want to start stalking him - am I best leaving it until tomorrow and then if he hasn't got back to me, give him a call?  I don't want to leave it until the weekend, as I imagine that he won't be there and if I don't get to do some torching on Saturday or Sunday, I think that I am going to have a nervous breakdown! :D :D :D

poledra1958

Martin will probably be busy tomorrow loading the van with all the goodies for kempton park bead fair.  Which is on Sunday.

Jenny

HH on Bulk,

Fruddy

Bless him - he's just emailed me! 

He said that the lads had forgotten to put my Oxy instructions in the package, so he will post those to me today and he has given me step by step instructions on what sort of propane bottle to buy and what to do. 

He's an angel! ;D

Krysia@No98

-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Fruddy

What a nice chap he is..... nothing seems to be too much trouble for him. ;D