The "Give me some ideas what the hell to do with this glass!" thread....

Started by helbels, June 16, 2011, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Box Studio

Pineapple sparkle - I found several rods in the stash I bought and know it's a bit scarce now so don't want to waste it.  So what can I do to get the best from it? [and the answer isn't 'send it to me'.... :) ]
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

awrylemming

I know this one, as I also have a rod or ten  ;D  It spreads like the devil, so dots, encase it, encased stringer.  It's a less is more colour, and pretty dense so works well when pulled.

Cecilia

Quote from: awrylemming on June 19, 2011, 02:51:56 PM
Sweet lime - you strike it until you get some lovely pinky reds and moss agate over white is rather pretty, especially etched.

Thanks - I will have to make a list of things to try when I get a minute...
X

Karen

what do you use red roof tile with? tried with sis but its just not a colour for me, also how do you use copper or brass leaf it just goes black any ideas?
Karen

Stupid people shouldn't breed, but they DO!!

helbels

Can't help with the red roof tile, but I believe that with the copper leaf you have to cover it with clear as soon as you have applied it to the bead and before you apply any more heat to stop it going black.  Mind you, not used it myself, so could well be wrong.

awrylemming

Copper leaf - you have to cook the hell out of it, good and proper, then you get something like this:

copper play by awrylemming, on Flickr

This is a white bead, with copper leaf and a tiny bit of silver. 
And I'm having the same problem with red roof tile  ;)

Juniper

Quote from: Karen on June 19, 2011, 09:33:54 PM
what do you use red roof tile with? tried with sis but its just not a colour for me, also how do you use copper or brass leaf it just goes black any ideas?

Copper leaf works nice with any striking silver glass. Just burn it until it's done sparkling and encase. Here with original Luna:

Paula

Blue Box Studio

I've got some blue silver leaf.  Having tried it yesterday the coloured burned away whilst I was trying to encase.  Should this be used differently to ordinary silver leaf?

What colours does it work best with?  I thought it might shine out on a dark bead but the finished result looked more like I'd used bonfire ash as frit!
Sue

Lush!

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on June 19, 2011, 03:01:32 PM
Pineapple sparkle - I found several rods in the stash I bought and know it's a bit scarce now so don't want to waste it.  So what can I do to get the best from it? [and the answer isn't 'send it to me'.... :) ]

I have a project in the August issue of Making Jewellery that is great for Pineapple Sparkle  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Lush! on June 20, 2011, 10:27:33 AM
Quote from: Blue Box Studio on June 19, 2011, 03:01:32 PM

I have a project in the August issue of Making Jewellery that is great for Pineapple Sparkle  ;D

Ooh, will keep an eye out for that, although I struggle to find anywhere locally with MJ.  So far my attempts with Pineapple sparkle have not been impressive.
Sue

awrylemming

Kalorlo

This is what light red jasper / lime sweet does - I really like it! (Frantz gave it a new name, so it has two).

fionaess

Quote from: sarah t on June 16, 2011, 08:01:53 PM
i am always trying ghee with varrious differnt things to find something that makes me go ooohhhh ...but so far nothing !!

so if anybody has found something to do with it let me know

Send it to me  ;D ;D ;D ;D

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

helenfc

Quote from: awrylemming on June 20, 2011, 10:54:51 AM
Ask our Helen(fc) - she works wonders with it!

My ears are burning  ;D ;)
I find it is definitely a 'less is more' glas, which is good, coz its pretty much impossible to get hold of  :)

Constantinople 1 by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Seville by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

These are both with it over Opal Yellow, and it works lovely over other light effetre opaques like Tongue Pink too, hope that helps xx

fionaess

[/quote]

My ears are burning  ;D ;)
I find it is definitely a 'less is more' glas, which is good, coz its pretty much impossible to get hold of  :)

Constantinople 1 by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

These are both with it over Opal Yellow, and it works lovely over other light effetre opaques like Tongue Pink too, hope that helps xx
[/quote]

Those are so pretty Helen

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !