rocio and lauscha kiln temp

Started by mindy23, February 15, 2007, 02:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindy23

Afternoon all,
I thought I'd finally cracked the rocio glass only to find some very dull beads this morning. I had been using lauscha as a base and I wondered if it was the higher annealing temperature that I have the kiln set to for that.  They did soak for quite a while as it was a long session, could that have done it?  What temperature does everybody else set the kiln to for lauscha?   I know I'm probably being a bad workman trying to blame the tools and all but it's worth a try!  Any  suggestions would be greatfully received, I've been fiddling with this glass on and off since Christmas and sometimes it comes out beautifully and others, theres nothing, I just cant seem to work out what I'm doing right sometimes and wrong other times.....

It could be much worse, but... it could also be much, much better...

glassworks

i will forward this one for carol anne at lauscha... anyone else got experience?..

you know what i mean!!! :D

♥♥Tan♥♥

oooo look at you two your like avatar twins ;) ;D

glassworks

yeah, but i'm really growing a beard - and i'm not sure mindy is!!!!

;D ;D

mindy23

Last check there was no beard, hopefully it'll stay that way!

mindy23

I've just been doing a search on the temp for annealing Lauscha and I think i might be doing it a bit high, can anybody tell me what schedule they use for combining lauscha and moretti? Or even just the hold temperature that you garage them at, I think I'm at 536 or something, need to go out and double check,  waiting for the rain to go off first, what a coward!

♥♥Tan♥♥

Hey Mindy, keep that beard covered up if you go out in the rain wont ya ;)

carolanne

Hullo Q!

Thanks for mailing me - it's Karnival here so I am answering as a devel dressed up as an angel. Yes, I sewed the horns and tail myself... WHEEEE, but in answer to your question - Kimberly Affleck posted great ways to work the colour over on LE and I anneal at 980 degrees F - sorry, you will have to convert... I have to carry a black forest cake down the hill now, and NOT step on my own tail...

I work marathon days as you know, so I garage for a long time - come visit and bring some of that glass and I can do my rigorous testing on it... :-)

Big smile from the green heart of Germany!
Carol Anne in Lauscha! xoxoxoxoxo - gosh, I love a good party... And one of my girlfriends has her birthday at midnight - hence the giant 4 kilogram cake... invite me somewhere and I always bring cake!

mindy23

I think that works out about 520, so I probably do have it a bit high.  How do I find the posts by Kimberly Affleck that are mentioned? I went to lamprok etc and I put Rocio into the search but I'm not sure if there's a more specific way to do it as it would take ages to go through all the bits that came up to find the one by her. Still getting to grips with the technical side of ofrums as well as glass!