Pixie dust

Started by GoodMonkey, December 12, 2007, 11:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juniper

I made two punties, dipped them in the pixie dust and melted them together. Then mixed the blob thoroughly by twisting it.
Paula

Dizzy Di

I got micra Metallic from creative glass in Gillingham in Kent, (same as pixie dust)
Go's every where and if you, use vermiculite it contaminates it and puts dust over every bead in the future!! so use a separate container.
I dip bead in micra, as it cools just out of the flame and brush very quickly under the flame then put in for annealing, as soon as out of kiln I wash off loose bits.
Wear a mask as it is soooooooooooooooo fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also got Bubble for fusing from them,  no good on the torch but great effects for fusing.

Dianne

Chameleon

plowdens also sell it in lots of colours  ;D my beads in the sparkle thread have it on them, i love the stuff.

beadysam

Quote from: Dizzy Di on December 18, 2007, 10:49:39 PM

I also got Bubble for fusing from them,  no good on the torch but great effects for fusing.

Dianne

Bubble????? ???

Dizzy Di

Bubble is fine like pixie dust and when placed between 2 sheets of glass in fusing causes a bubble effect the more bubble you put on the larger the bubble, I mix with enamels and pixie dust for effects for fused pendants.

Dianne

DI

Plowden and Thompson have it. www.plowden-thompson.com  01384 393398 Pixie dust sparkle encases well, pixie dust highlights is better on the outside of a bead. Heat just enough to get it to stick. I love pixie dust highlight blue.
Di