Main Menu

Double Helix Nyx?

Started by bubblefizz, February 22, 2007, 12:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubblefizz

Ive bought some double helix Nyx  off quinton, has anyone got any tips on using it?

.....Oh Maryyy, where are youuuuu  lol  ;D

glassworks

i think she posted som epics in the show and tell - just to get you drooling... HOW she got the results is probably moe where the alchemy and flame-chemy come into it!!!.... come on down mary!!!

;) ;D

Mary

Lol Q, am I overdoing the pics? Epics in S+T?

This is what I do. I make and finish the bead in a normal flame. Then I let it cool as if it was going into the kiln and turn up the propane, so there is yellow in the middle of the flame but still blue at the tip. Wave the bead through the tip of the flame. Don't let it get too hot, you'll lose the shape and the colour. You can repeatedly cool and wave through the flame to build up effects. If you want the blues, strike it like red glass by alternating a normal flame and a reducing flame, cooling and gently warming.
If you are encasing, get the effects before adding the clear, it sometimes get paler as you encase.
Your torch might be different from mine, so try different flames, more and less propane, see what you get. You can go back to the start, removing the effects by heating to glowing. Have fun!

glassworks

a legend in your own lifetime - thats what you are!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Mary

bubblefizz

Hey Quinton it was seeing Marys beads that i had to buy some  ;D

BeadyBugs

I know they are gorgeous aren't they. ;D  Wish I could get reactions like that - well any reactions at all would be good. ;)  Here's hoping the new torch helps. ;D 

How are you getting on with your Minnow Angie?

HP x
Helen P

bubblefizz

Im doing ok Helen, im used to it now and i love it! ;D  i got my CS in aswell, so im getting used to positioning that for my scroll work ;D
soooo much to learn & BUY lol

Billie

Angie - can you post a picture of your minnow set up on the creation station?  I've just received my minnow from Q although am still saving for an oxycon.  Some day... some day...  :D

bubblefizz

Quote from: LittleBee on February 22, 2007, 05:11:25 PM
Angie - can you post a picture of your minnow set up on the creation station?  I've just received my minnow from Q although am still saving for an oxycon.  Some day... some day...  :D
sure.... here ya go

Billie

Fantastic.  Thanks for that  ;D