hinged bead presses

Started by dangerousbead, April 21, 2008, 11:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangerousbead

Hi folks, can anyone tell me where to buy hinged bead presses? I'm sure Kaz had one or maybe someone brought it with them last time we had a northern meet. Oh and I'm sorry I don't participate very much on the forums,  but I have two jobs and very little time, I read all the new threads but being a bit of a novice I don't have a lot to contribute, well not of any real value, not yet anyhow.
Glad you all had such a good time at the Flameoff, i spent the whole day on the torch and then out for dinner, so not a bad day really. Oh and tea at the rejects party too. ;D

DragonflyLynne

I remember the hinged press, but I can't remember who it belonged to.  ???

for chain maille supplies, kits & workshops, bespoke headpins, earwires and more! Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup! Dragonfly (Lynne)

garishglobes

I think Sabine (Sparrow) had one for sale just a week ago? Can't remember where they came from though!

DragonflyLynne

Well, at least we have established that it wasn't mine or garishglobes!  ;D

for chain maille supplies, kits & workshops, bespoke headpins, earwires and more! Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crispy and taste good with ketchup! Dragonfly (Lynne)

Lush!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

sparrow

That's the one, I got it off ebay aaaaaaaaaages ago from a beadmaker turned pressmaker. This one is now with Jolene, and I've got another one which makes round and barrel beads (which I am looking to sell, that was the one I brought to Kaz'). But I don't think pressmaking turned into her full-time job, I keep looking out for her on ebay, but she's gone......I don't think anybody else makes hinged presses.....
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

dangerousbead

Sabine have you got a pic of the one you're selling? Why are you selling it?, do you think the other style is better, I know the catscradley one is a pain according to Kaz. I was hoping to find a lentil one but seeing as I haven't any at all....

Julie, thanks but that's not how I remember it

Lynn - hello again, hows the world up in the hills?

Cheers all

DragonflyLynne

Quote from: dangerousbead on April 22, 2008, 12:27:43 PM

Lynn - hello again, hows the world up in the hills?

Hiya! Nice and sunny today. The windows are still being painted, but over half are finished. Life should get back to normal soon!!  ;D

sparrow

This is the one I had at Kaz'

It's graduated lengthwise, so you've got round and two types of barrels. I'm selling it mainly because I just don't make sets, and all my other presses have at least one size that would lend itself to a small focal. It's also still the 'dry month' payment-wise for me ;). I think it was £35 plus postage from the US (but this was ages ago when the dollar was better ;)) - I'd love to sell it for £20 incl postage....
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Juniper

Now you got me intrested! How much do you think p&p would be to Finland?
Paula

sparrow

Not sure....maybe an extra £2-3 or so??
Sabine x

Juniper

I don't want to kidnap it or anything, but concider me next in line ::)

It really looks interesting...
Paula

sparrow

LOL, press-napping  ;D ;D ;D Sure, I'll let you join the queue ;)
Sabine x

dangerousbead

AAagh! no way Poledra :o sorry but I want it! That is if Sabine wants me to have it of course. Sabine could you pm your address and I'll pop a cheque in the post with my add asap?
thanks for the prompt pic
Jane

sparrow

PM'ing you now - sorry Paula!
Sabine x