Which kiln to buy?

Started by jo.rhodes, December 03, 2009, 07:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeldazog

Quote from: llewennog on December 04, 2009, 01:27:24 PM

I'd buy neither of those kilns and spend the extra £40 and buy a beadcube, least your getting a good digi controller and its British which keeps our economy alive!

Quite frankly, getting a bead cube is a bloody bargain compared to the price of that second kiln - for that little bit extra, you get a digital programmer (the difference between another well known model with and without the digital programmer is something like £200, and you get a pyrometer with that one at least)

I knew it was an infinite switch, but I kinda assumed it had a pyrometer with it.  How on earth can you begin to anneal beads if you don't even know what temperature your kiln is at??

Jeepers, anybody out there, starting out bead making, could buy this, thinking its going to anneal their beads properly and selling them as such.

Quote from: Lee - Kilncare on December 04, 2009, 03:27:31 PM
No mate, as I have said before, your knowledge of kilns is top draw IMO.

Lee, thank you, from the man who makes and sells kilns (great ones that I covet at that!) I take that as a huge compliment.

The statement is at best, very misleading indeed.

Isn't it just. 

helenfc

ha ha helen my kiln is called colin too!! he's an sc2 though but what a coincidence!! lmao!  ;D

turnedlight

I have an sc2 and I'm very happy with that. :)
kathryn

jo.rhodes

Ok, beadcube it is.  Time to start saving that little bit more :p

Thanks for the analysing comments guys!  To be fair, that second kiln looked like it was a decent kiln....oh well!  I'm glad I know the description was, well, just babble.

Lush!

Quote from: caraj316 on December 21, 2009, 08:55:28 PM
Currently looking for an appropriate name for my mini-cc!

Carl  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Carl Martin

Quote from: Lush! on December 22, 2009, 05:50:30 PM

Carl  ;D

Was it something I said  ::)

Regards

Carl

Mand

Quote from: helenfchalmers on December 04, 2009, 03:41:55 PM
ha ha helen my kiln is called colin too!! he's an sc2 though but what a coincidence!! lmao!  ;D

My beadcube (when it arrives tomorrow) will be called Neil (my OH's suggestion!)

My oxycon is tuffnell-named Ian.

My HH's called huffnpuff
and my kiln's called "Kill" - my children named it ::)