My next open day will look VERY different to the last one ....

Started by Les, August 10, 2012, 11:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

Today, my kitchen-io wall went from this ....

625423_10151171402313973_2099263926_n by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

to this :D :D :D

2012-08-10 18.16.56 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

I can't wait to get the wall painted and start planning a glassy get together ;D

Oh and in other news ( those who are on FB will know ), I rescued my little man after he escaped and got lost for a day or two ... he's back home and we are all VERY grateful :)

552638_10151169853378973_1644900643_n by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

:)

elburnzo

thts looking fab!!! also ur cat is so cute, im glad you found him :)

Les

So are we ! Don't think I've slept in the last 2 days really .... oh and here's another picture of my shiny new plaster ... I keep going into the  kitchen for another look, hehe

2012-08-10 18.16.44 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

Nicknack

Thank goodness you found him :D :D :D  He looks so pleased to be home.  Love your new wall.

Nick

jeannette

I love white paws, look like bake bean feet :) glad he's home, that's why I can't have  cats, they worry me.
Love the new wall, what colour you going for?

GaysieMay

It's looking good Les!  Glad your little fella was found safe too! :)
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Blue Box Studio

Kitchen's looking good :)

Quote from: jeannette on August 11, 2012, 07:22:49 AM
I love white paws, look like bake bean feet :) glad he's home, that's why I can't have  cats, they worry me.
Love the new wall, what colour you going for?

Never thought of them as baked bean feet before but having looked at my two's feet, you are right.  They might worry you, but they give more in love than cause worry.

If mine don't appear for roll call when I whistle, I worry.  Charlie was 2 hours late home for the 5pm curfew a few weeks ago, I was beside myself with worry (we had catnappers in the street a couple of years ago) but 2 days - I'd have been under sedation by then.  You must be so releived your little man is home and safe again. 
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Nicknack

One of our cats regularly goes off somewhere for the day, and doesn't come home until last thing at night, and once was away for 2 days.  He's always fine, but hungry when he gets home.  When I was a farmer we had a genetic thing with the farm cats (which we inherited when we bought the farm) which made some of them go blind when they got older.  This didn't seem to worry them too much, as they knew where they were so long as they didn't get frightened.  We had a lovely ginger she cat (Orlanda) who went blind.  She was great friends with a tabby neutered tom (Wallow, called after the Derby winner).  One year in the summer she went missing, and we searched everywhere for her, and for him, as he was missing too, but he could see.  After about a week they both came home, quite happy and not even hungry.  Every year they used to go on holiday like this, and we stopped worrying about them.  He must have guided her over the fields, found her somewhere dry and safe to sleep, hunted for her food, as well as his, and brought her back safely every time.  It was a wonderful friendship.

Unfortunately we did lose a cat 14 years ago, and never found him.  It was heartbreaking, but I just hope he went off and found another home after maybe getting lost.  It's the not knowing that gets you.  I'm so glad you found yours.

Nick