Paragon Caldera Kiln or Bead Cube or......

Started by finks, December 17, 2008, 08:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhotsal

That's strange though that some suppliers like Jim take note of UK regs and others don't. My Bluebird is clearly a Paragon and clearly was imported from the US and yet doesn't comply with UK standards ........  ???

Billie

Jim and I exchanged quite a lot of correspondence to make sure I got a kiln that was a "good fit" and I couldn't have been happier, with the final choice I made, or the service I got from Jim.  I think we had a choice of 3 kilns, but gut instinct, and with media I want to work with later on, determined the caldera.  Jim communicated everything to Paragon on my behalf to make sure it was wired for the UK, temp set to metric, and it met regulations and he got to me in a lot less time than we thought it would take.

He even checked with me after to make sure I'd worked up the nerve to switch it on and program it  :D 

I can't understand why, if paragon knew your bluebird was destined for the UK, why it wasn't up to regs  :-\  Paragon shipped it direct on Jim's advice.  Maybe your kiln went to a US supplier first, and then onto the UK...?

Kaz

Nice to read something that reinforces that, for once, I made the RIGHT choice in getting the Maxine!!! Though there are dangers with putting mandrels into a new one as the little fibre curtain at the front is not sufficiently loosened up and it means that when you close the door, bead and mandrel can come flying out. I only had myself to blame when that happened to me though - as Lee has given quite clear guidance in respect of that in the booklet. And I have to say that the booklet is written in Plain English compared to the one I had with the Paragon which left me flummoxed - and I'm used to reading and interpreting difficult stuff!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

aoturoa

Well given the responses, I think that when I can afford a kiln I'll buy a Bead Cube.