We Now have a Wiki

Started by Dickie, November 10, 2008, 10:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffie

whoo hoo i done it! I have added some information!!! This is going to be an awesome tool for everyone!

sparrow

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

saffie

I am on a roll I have added stuff to the annealing pages as well!!

sparrow

Go Sam go - found your Silica page!  And linked through from the Bead Release page and all, you clever thing! ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

saffie

Quote from: sparrow on November 12, 2008, 01:01:04 PM
Go Sam go - found your Silica page!  And linked through from the Bead Release page and all, you clever thing! ;D

I hope it is not to scary!!! just one of those things I am "hot" on! I am a chemo nurse by trade and teach people how to give it to cancer patients. I could teach a monkey how to give the drugs but experts need to undersatnd the finer points!!! Does that make sense! I am not suggesting any monkey could make a bead but everyone does need to be aware of the risks to health! Right i am off my soapbox now! going to do more editing!!!

Dickie

Another tip...
If you are editing a page that has a lot of content, it is very worthwhile clicking on the edit links next to each section, as if you edit the whole page, no only does it take longer to save, but someone might be editing a different section of the same page, and then when you come to save you will need to resolve the conflict.

Please can we not use "top level headings" in posts. That's headings using one = sign
As these are reserved for the main title
All sub headings in posts should be at least 2 =

E.g.
== My New Heading ==

Sorry, but there are reasons for this... (I have gone though and changed all the ones I could find)
Dickie-Oh yes! Follow me on Twitter @DickieDooda

Dickie

For anyone wanted to see what pages need writing so far... have a look here

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/wiki/Special:WantedPages

All these pages are linked from other content but are yet to be written... I'm sure some of you can fill this in! ;)

Dietmar

Hi Administrators!

After adding some more information to the page of EDP I got the folowing reply instead of an improved article:
QuoteDatabase error
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "Revision::insertOn". MySQL returned error "1048: Column 'old_text' cannot be null (localhost)".

Is that the reason for having no edits in the last years? The last successfull edit was 9 April 2013 in "Kiln".
I would like to share my experiance with all beadmakers by updating the WIKI.

Greathings from Germany
Dietmar

EDIT: I've been able to post an edit in a section of the sandpit. But an edit of the whole page was rejected with the feedback as quoted abouve. The preview of the sandpit (whole page AND section) was not availlable.

EDIT II: I wanted to try to create a new page from a wantedpage. I was logged out by the system and tried to log in, again. REJECTED.
QuoteLogin error Fritipedia uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled. Please enable them and try again.
What the ??? did I do wrong with a firefox-browser?
Was it my fault or did the WIKI -not- write the cookies?
Why could I log in the first time and edit at least one section of the sandpit?
Why does the FH-cookie work perfectly on my computer and the frittipedia-cookie doesn't?

Dickie

Unfortunately it looks like an incompatibility between the MediaWiki software and the version of PHP we are using.
I'm not sure when I will be able to look into this, as it could be quite involved.

Sorry, but don't hold your breath ;)

In terms of the logging in issues, try clearing the cookies for the domain frit-happens.co.uk, as I successfully logged in and changed the sandbox page.

Dickie

OK, have another go, I think I might have fixed it.

Dietmar

Hi Y'all!

Where is the content of the WIKI gone?  ???
It doesn't matter which topic I open, all have the same content: NONE. :o

Is it gone or are there still traces left exept for searching the WAY-BACK-MACHINE...? :(

It wold be sad if we'ce lost all that valuable information. :'(
Is there a chance to get logged in and maybe getting rights as an administrator? I would like to help keeping the information for the future and adding my knowledge.

Moira HFG

The Wiki was a a lovely idea, but new readers can find a wealth of valuable info by simply simply searching the FH forum. I found this indispensible when I was learning.

Sadly now the forum is so little used, it may be too much work to keep the Wiki active as well.

Dickie

Sorry I didn't see your post. I have only just realised that the content has gone, It's all still in the database, I will try and upgrade the Wiki to a newer version and see if that helps

Dickie

The Wiki should be working again (plus an updated forum)

mizgeorge