Moretti bead annealing schedule as-you-go - SC2 with bead door

Started by BeadyBugs, January 21, 2007, 02:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Nicky*

Sorry to bring up an old thread - but hey its a good one !

Thinking about firing up the kiln and burning all the crud away as i was told to do, but what is the best shedule for this ?

Any help really appriciate it :)

BeadyBugs

Hi Nicky,

Glad to hear the kiln's arrived!  Woohoo!! ;D

To do my first empty firing, I just ran one of the 5 speed firings (I think that's how many there are???).  I think I picked the middle one. (SPD3)  I left the bung out and opened a window to let any fumes and pongs out - there might be a few. Also - I don't recommend you leave the kiln unattended while you do it, to make sure the kiln doesn't over fire, but I'm sure you already know all this.

Anyway - the bit where you'd normally pick Pr01, you pick Spd3 instead and press start.  The kiln will then fire up quickly to the pre-programmed temp, then cool.  Then once it's cooled you can start an annealing schedule with a kiln full of beady goods. ;D

Good luck! ;D

HP x
Helen P

*Nicky*

Thanks HP - ill go and sort that out now, so do you normally keep the bung in ? I promise i have read the instructions, but they are quite confusing !

BeadyBugs

Yeh - you normally leave the bung in for annealing and fusing.  The 'ole is only left open when you are doing stuff like silver casting.

Have fun Nicky - don't forget to show us piccies of your beads. ;D

HP x
Helen P

lemon kitten

Now that's almost the exact schedule I use except for the first ramp on FULL  When I first got my SC2 I could'nt ramp it on FULL as it kept coming up with an error.  It takes about 10 mins now to heat up to 510, been wondering if I should have another crack at ramping it up on FULL 1st ramp but scared of breaking it!!

Janey x
Never stand up in a canoe!

Princess Peggy (Priscilla McGirr)

Instead of pressing the up button twice and the start once to go on to the annealing section, I press up once and start twice.....which is easy to remember (upstart start)....and this works.   I'm sure that's what i was told to do.  Sorry if this confuses anyone.   Pris
Pris
My Website http://www.dancingwithglass.co.uk  My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/princesspeggy01
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DancingwithglassLampwork

Margram

That's what I do too, Pris (when I remember, otherwise I'm on my knees reprogramming the kiln in sub-zero temperatures, panicking that my day's work will crack! Ah, I remember that well, and I did it twice :o. Now I've written 'up start start' on a bit of old kiln shelf so I don't forget again ;D.
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

lyzzydee

I have follwed the instructions to set the kiln to cook the beads as I go along once I have them all in there how do I 'skip' the remaining time I have set up on the holding/garaging phase???
I have the Paragon sc2 with bead door.
Thanks

Shirl

Quote from: lyzzydee on May 07, 2011, 10:48:47 AM
I have follwed the instructions to set the kiln to cook the beads as I go along once I have them all in there how do I 'skip' the remaining time I have set up on the holding/garaging phase???
I have the Paragon sc2 with bead door.
Thanks

You press the up arrow, then press start button, then press start again and it will move to the next stage

lyzzydee

Thank you. I have a day I ca bead and inspiration has abandoned me :(

Maggie

Helen,

you're a star for this. Just about to garage beads as I work for the first time and instantly found your post.
You just made my life easier!

Maggie  :D