Fish

Started by Quirky Bird, January 16, 2017, 02:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirky Bird

Just wondering if anyone has tried to make Claudia Trimmer-Pagel's fish, and if so, how difficult were they? I was thinking of having a go, but it's going to require the purchasing of (yet) more equipment (book, brass presses etc. etc.), which I don't want to commit to if it's way up the difficulty scale.

I'm a big fan of the beautiful lampwork in her 'Road Trip' book, but sadly the fine stringer work is still out of my depth  ::) .........

A clean house is the sign of a broken oxycon.

ARBeads

Don't know about the fish, but Claudia's just releasing a video on fine stringer control.
Ruth & Andy

www.etsy.com/shop/arjewellery for beads!

shelly

I love making fish but dont use any tools apart from mashers and stringers, takes some patience but can get some lovely results, didnt know you could get moulds!

Quirky Bird

I'll look out for the video - I remember watching her stringer control at Flame Off a couple of years back and it was amazing.

Shelly - do you work from Claudia's book? I haven't been able to look at one yet, wondered if it was as good as her Glass Bead Trip.

CindiDee

The video is in her Etsy shop - £15 ish. Haven't purchased it myself so can't comment but it looks interesting although I suspect still beyond me - stringers and I do not get on!!  ;D

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/503849329/stringer-secrets-video-tutorial-english?ref=shop_home_active_2

shelly

no i work from a tutorial i got from etsy by Mary Lockwood.  I love her tutorials, struggle with the dragon though

Quirky Bird

Never heard of that, I'll have a look  :)

Moira HFG

j c herrell has a great tutorial on stringer control, in return for a donation:
http://www.jcherrell.com/stringerjoy.htm

Mine still isn't great, but it did help! I still need more PPP I fear!