Crowd funding

Started by Pauline, January 05, 2017, 10:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauline

following my last post about grants we are planning to go ahead with a crowd funding project bid to fund a mobile glass blowing furnace for Ann and Josh.
so I have a few questions
1, does anyone have any experience of successful or unsuccessful bids
2, kickstarter is the main platform, but Crowdfunder uk also has a "you keep what you get" as well as the all or nothing...what do you think?
3, what apart from here and facebook would you think would be the best ways to share/ publicise/ spread the word and gain support
4, anyone know anyone with a spare £12000?
thank you
Pauline

ruth

I know nothing about crowd funding but do wish you every success.

Ruthx
Frittering the children's inheritance.

flame n fuse

Mars

My friend did a sucessful kickstarter recently

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1512506318/ghosts-of-gaia-post-apoc-badass-female-miniatures?ref=nav_search

If you watch her video it tells the story of how she started and why she was doing it this way.  She hit her initial target almost immediately, but then had "stretch goals" that could be unlocked as certain over targets were hit, which allowed existing and new backers to buy/access/pledge more which seemed to work really well.

It's a case of getting your links out there and drumming and keep drumming support, I did this for my friend, not because I buy any of stuff but thought it was an awesome kickstarter.

Essentially you'll need attractive pledge levels and a plan to see you through from what I can see.

Good luck,
Mars xx

BeeBeads

Quote from: flame n fuse on January 08, 2017, 07:24:13 PM
Hi, This is the only one that I know of, she achieved her target very quickly     https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inkyleaves/leafscape-a-limited-edition-art-book-by-inky-leave

Wow!  Those leaf paintings are absolutely stunning, better than photos.

Pauline

thank you all, those are really positive projects.  we are starting to build our project and would be grateful of any help sharing that you can give once we launch. we need to get Ann and Josh a new furnace in time for Flame off
Pauline (and Ann-Qwirky glass)