New GBUK Section on Frit Happens

Started by Redhotsal, June 17, 2009, 09:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhotsal

Hi Everyone,

Les and Richard have very kindly allowed Glass Beads UK a section within Frit Happens - here GBUK members (and non members) can have a mini-forum to discuss GBUK matters and to show non members the sort of thing we're up to.

GBUK has been running for ten years now and is open to anyone who has an interest in glass beads. The membership is £10 a year. As the Chairman for 2009 I'm hoping to bring a bit more activity to the society. We need our members to carry on with suggestions as to what it is they want out of the society. This September we will have our AGM and combined bead fair. More details to follow in a separate post.

Anyway - this section is for GBUKers to ask questions, and get to know each other.

Thanks!
Sally

sparrow

Hmmm...suggestion!

Just came to me, but I know other blogs that are communal...would be nice to have a GBUK blog, which several people had responsibility for  - they could be double-posts from other people's blogs (new colour testing, blogging from fairs, etc.) that could be double-published...no extra work for bloggers, additional publicity for those double-blogging (link to people's own blog), but a nice one-stop shop for people coming to GBUK website and wanting to read about people's experiences of making beads?
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Redhotsal

That's a great suggestion Sabine! Although I wouldn't know where/how to start this off - any volunteers?!  :)

sparrow

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Trudi

Hi Sal

Perhaps for non-members like myself you could give a brief outline of benefits of membership.

T x

Dickie

Yes... that's one of the many reasons for having this board here...
Dickie-Oh yes! Follow me on Twitter @DickieDooda

Ian Pearson

Any press coverage for GBUK and I am happy to publish in BSSG Journal. Any progress on survey Sal? Just wondering about GBUK and comparing it to other glass organisations. I am sure it will be of interest.

Thanks

Ian

MadelineBunyan

I found the 2007 journal knocking around the other day, and it is a beautiful thing, lots of lovely images from people, both beginners and those people you know of.
loved the members gallery section.
its also got lots of useful information, articles and other stuff.
the challenge was a good idea too.

hope theres a 2009 one!