Nervous about selling to customers! Help!

Started by powerjen, May 05, 2016, 01:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powerjen

Hi, this probably sounds really silly, but I'm a bit nervous about selling my jewellery and worrying something will break on it.  I have no idea why - except for the fact that I'm a worrier and I had whilst I was testing my designs have problems with getting my epoxy to hold bails in place (which I've stopped by changing the epoxy I was using). I think it's left me worrying that someone will pay money for an item only to have it break.  Jump rings seem flimsy things (they're open ones and not soldered) and I'm a belt and braces kind of girl! They don't seem any different from ones that are on shop bought costume jewellery though so they must be what everyone else is using!

Am I being silly or have other people experienced this - I'm hoping it's just me being super conscientious!
Thanks
Jen

sarah t

if you are happy with the end product and it has been road tested , ie you have worn one for a while to make sure its ok , you can not do much more , if you include a contact details card and tell them any problems to get in touch ,  i have only had a couple of items returned and tbh i dont think it was my work at fault but customer miss-handling but you smile and fix it :)

sometimes you need to make a leap of faith and go for it :)

lampworklover

It is something I worry about, but I don't think anyone realistically expects jewellery to be completely bomb proof! I tend to make a design for myself first and wear it a lot to see how it performs, then make similar to sell.

Enchanted Cobwebs

I have been selling for about 10 years but still when someone says ..I bought one of your  xyz I immediately imagine they are going to tell me that it fell apart, even after all this time. Only ever had a couple of things back and like Sarah says below it wasnt my workmanship. I do try to wreck things myself to test durability. I wear a new design day and night, in the shower etc and dont treat it gently because I imagine thats how some of it will be treated. If it survives then its passed!
We are our own worst critics! Good luck and have fun
Now I can play all day as I retired from the 'proper' job....
http://www.enchantedcobwebs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/EnchantedCobwebs