where to put quick release valve?

Started by flame n fuse, April 02, 2016, 03:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flame n fuse

I'm moving my propane outside and will run the hose through the window. I already have the pressure regulator in line with the tank and the flashback arrestor just down stream of it. I want to put a quick release valve in so that I can bring the hose indoors after torching. Should I put the quick release between the pressure reg and the flashback arrestor, or down stream of the flashback? I'm partly thinking that inbetween would be better as the arrestor could then be brought in out of the weather as well. Also having all these bits with the tank makes quite a protrusion and needs to be protected against knocks - how do you do it? would love to see photos. thanks

marklaird

I have mine downstream of arrestor, and leave everything attached to the propane tank. My tank then lives outside in an old dustbin with the lid on. When I want to lampwork, I bring the tank to the outside of my garage and take the hose out through the door.

Martin made all of my hoses. I also have my old hot head still so I can also attach that at if I want to work with Triton as I find it so much easier with the hothead.

Hope that helps.

oliver90owner

...  tank then lives outside in an old dustbin with the lid on

I do hope that bin has ventilation holes at the bottom edge - otherwise it could be a bomb waiting to explode if anyone goes near  with ny source of ignition!  Even static electricity could trigger it.

Suggesting storage in a bin, without mentioning the safety ventilation holes, could get someone severely injured/burned.  Propane bottles should never be stored in a confined space.  Be safe, pleeese!

RAB

flame n fuse

thank you both. Calor gas have useful gas safety stuff on their website which I have read,  just couldn't decide about this bit.