creative gallery archive 2016

Started by JanieD, March 18, 2016, 11:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JanieD

Haven't been doing much glass work recently (unfortunately), but we had a Guitar Show at the weekend, and I did this plate as an exhibition piece. It's made of Pewter foil and backed on nickel silver. I love embossing, but my fingers were aching after this!

Just thought I'd post as Frit Happens seems so quiet these days - I know everyone's on Facebook, but I really dislike it - some people seem to share every waking thought with the world, but it's just not for me. I do post on my Custom Cool Etch FB page regularly as it generates commissions, but not every day.

Pewter Fish_1 by Jane Davison, on Flickr

Jane

Charli

So this wasn't a hobby before the course, but certainly will be afterwards!

Went to the Old Kennels in Devon for both a Beginners and Intermediate cold process soap making course, with the theme of 'Time for Tea'.

First day we made a loaf of natural soap

And the next two days we got more complicated and made soap biscuits (including making our own silicone moulds), cake and cupcakes.

It was so much fun! Basic soapmaking isn't difficult but it was nice to connect with like-minded people, and to ask questions of the teacher, Ish of Puro Soaps (she is a mine of useful information!). We played with moderately dangerous chemicals, got to try out loads of colours and scents, and learnt loads of new techniques.

I promise they're all soap!

And now the soap is curing and my house smells amazing.

I've made some purchases to make more soap at home.