Torch Assistant - Follow up

Started by bucksbeadie, September 19, 2015, 09:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucksbeadie

Hi all

I asked a question about the torch assistant available from Tuffnells glass a couple of months ago and promised to put up some information on using the one I had purchased.

It was a bit tricky at first, partly because I had just moved from a hot head to dual fuel so was getting used to a new torch as well as the torch assistant.

At first it all felt a bit clunky but after about 6 hours on the torch it was starting to feel a bit more natural. I also had the added challenge that I had a trapped nerve in my neck. I think leaning on my elbows on a creation station would have been a problem, but resting my forearms on the torch assistant was really comfortable.

I then had a try at cabochons which meant holding the mandrel underneath the arms of the assistant as well as resting on them. Didn't take long to get used to that.

In summary although it has taken a bit of time to get used to, I can't imagine working on my torch without it. It has definitely given a lot more control. I personally am happy this was a good buy, but it might depend on your own style on the torch

Hope that helps

julieHB

Thank you very much for that review!  :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr