Main Menu

torch assistant

Started by bucksbeadie, August 07, 2015, 09:06:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bucksbeadie

Has anyone used the new torch assistant that tuffnells have in stock. I like the positioning of the arm rests for when you need them, but can't work out if they will get in the way when you don't. They seem to be quite new as I can't find any reviews on the internet  :)

Trudi

I think that these were made especially for Tuffnells ... I haven't used one so can't comment. Why not try contacting Martin?

bucksbeadie

Thanks Truck I didn't realise they were so specific to tuffnells. I will have to get in contact

richardnash666

I have one and don't find that the arms get in the way when I don't need them, but are very comfortable to use. Have found that my shoulders don't ache much anymore when making beads. The marver on the top is very handy.

My wife decided to buy one for me at flame off. And have to say is worth every penny.

I have drilled holes in the bas to secure my Alpha burner to my wooden bench so it wont move rather than using a clamp so don't have anything in my way.

bucksbeadie

Hi Richard - thanks for that. As soon as Trudi said that Tuffnells had it designed I was more inclined to buy one as I assumed it would be good, but now you have confirmed you have found it useful in practice I am definitely off to the site to buy one now!!

tinker

I was wondering the same actually, thanks for posting. It looks far more comfortable than the creation station which I have to use minus one elbow rest in otder to get close enough to the torch, and the arm rest nuts come loose sometimes. Do post findings when you've had a play!

bucksbeadie

Will do. Already ordered so hopefully will arrive next week