2nd oxycon help

Started by ruth, April 13, 2015, 09:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruth

I bought a second hand second oxycon.   The two oxycons are now connected together and work well separately but when both are switched on together the pressure ball on the second oxycon drops completely.

Any advice please.

Ruth
Frittering the children's inheritance.

Tonyb

It sound like 1 is pumping out at a higher rate than the other so I would turn that 1 down to try and balance the output from both.

www.beadables.co.uk

Steampunkglass

Quote from: Tonyb on April 13, 2015, 10:08:02 AM
It sound like 1 is pumping out at a higher rate than the other so I would turn that 1 down to try and balance the output from both.
yep, I had that when I changed oxys a while ago, the older one wasn't pumping out as well as the newer one. Its probably the older one that's supplying less pressure and will need the 'tap' opened a bit more  ;)

MangoBeads

Absolutely ... always better to have two oxycons the same age if doubling up .... I had this issue many years ago when it was thinly way to get more oxygen !

if one is pumping less try cutting back the Christmas tree nozzle as i mentioned here
http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=46061.15

Trudi

I had this when I changed to 2 oxys ... I found that this helped ..

- if it is anything like mine, turn it full, than back one turn. Leave it.

Close valves on torch. Turn on oxycon and open propane. Open propane valve on torch a little bit, and light it - adjust until flame is approx. 15 cm (6 inch). Open up oxygen valve on torch carefully, now you should see the little ball in the tube rising. When it is between 4 and 5 ** ik's ok. Adjust propane until you have a neutral flame.

** this was for one oxy - you might want to try 3.5 for each of yours and see how that goes!

HTH