EU VAT on digital sales - IMPORTANT UPDATES

Started by Lotti, January 21, 2015, 09:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotti

I have been very quiet on this recently as I have other things on my plate right now, but I picked up on this today and thought you guys should know, things are changing.  There is a meeting with the bigwigs in Brussels coming up http://euvataction.org/2015/01/20/donato-raponi-is-now-listening-this-is-your-chance-to-make-your-voice-heard/   As it says on here there are still things that can be done to help this along, including case studies of how this has affected your business, so if it has (and it might not be as a seller, but as a purchaser of tutorials and digital downloads), write to your MEP and tell them.  There are some great ones out there.  For the SW, Molly Cato seems to be on the case (Greens).

Also it looks as thought Etsy has finally woken up!  https://blog.etsy.com/en/2015/update-european-union-rules-on-digital-item-sales/

So things are looking up.

Blue Box Studio

I read the Etsy stuff and looks like they have only partly woken up - granted it was a quick read, but had they got the right end of the issue?  They seem to be able to sort for EU to EU but not anywhere else to EU and didn't seem to have addressed that UK to UK might not apply as we have a threshold for this?

But it's all a start.  Perhaps it would just be simpler if we kept the status quo or all had the same vat rate?
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Lotti

Quote from: Blue Box Studio on January 21, 2015, 10:41:02 AM
I read the Etsy stuff and looks like they have only partly woken up - granted it was a quick read, but had they got the right end of the issue?  They seem to be able to sort for EU to EU but not anywhere else to EU and didn't seem to have addressed that UK to UK might not apply as we have a threshold for this?

But it's all a start.  Perhaps it would just be simpler if we kept the status quo or all had the same vat rate?

True, not quite there yet, but at least no more of the 'not interested, doesn't apply to us rubbish'.  And you are right Sue, but the bureaucrats need something to do with their time!