Does anyone have one of these enamel sifters?

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, December 10, 2014, 06:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

Lakelady

Not used those but Tuffnells have the plastic ones now I think  :)
Turner Rowe Glass Art

♥♥Tan♥♥

I don't really want to go back to plastic, they give up the ghost too easily, thank you though ;D

Calico Cat

I have a similar one from JC (Herrell) - it's smaller - for beads- but works very well

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Zeldazog

I've got that one Tan, it's fine - better than the tea-strainer type.  You have to be careful with the "actuator" though, if you're not careful, it will stick, jolt and you get a lot more powder than you bargained for!   You can still use the tapping method, it's effective

But I've found them much better overall, got a couple plus the conical shaped line sifter.

Pat from Canvey

I made my own from copper pipe, wire and wire gauze bought for a few pounds from the internet. I did buy one from J C Herrel at last year's Flame Off but the circle of gauze kept popping out so I eventually glued it back and that gave me the idea of making my own. It did help that I've a disc cutter to cut out circles of the gauze. My home made ones work well. I think I made about 6 or 8 so that I could load different colours in each before starting the bead.

MeadMoon

I've got one.  I sometimes use it with an electric toothbrush instead of tapping it or using the activator.  It works well and is durable.
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy

anditsinthefish

I have the smallest one they do and I love it. x
Sarah xx
Website. Blog. Flickr.

♥♥Tan♥♥

Thank you fab peeps for taking the time to answer me, you have told me what I needed to hear ;D