can someone check this for me please?

Started by Gin.Gina, September 03, 2014, 05:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

I'd recommend the kit. In addition to knowing that you've got all the right bits, you get great follow up service if you need it. And it will save you a lot of time going to different places and getting the bits together.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

tinker

I'm sure you can get the hose and regulator etc already put together from Martin, all you'd need is for him to pop a lemon clip in with it all for you to attach it to the torch which is fairly easy. Worth giving him a ring, he was massively helpful when I upgraded and worth it for that piece of mind.

Also, yes i bleed down the gas each time i finish because i have to close the window where the hose goes in. I managed for a couple of years by connecting and disconnecting the gubbins from the tank until I discovered the quick release coupling which has made my life so much easier! I still have to burn off the gas but now i can just unclip the hose rather than westling with the monkey wrench every day. Its an extra £30 so if funds are tight it may be one for the wishlist?

marklaird

I upgraded from a Hot Head to a Minor but still wanted the flexibility of being able to use the HH so I rang Martin, explained what I was trying to do, and he made me up a custom hose, with just one half of the Quick Release (because I already had the Bulk Fuel setup for the HH), the right length of 6mm hose, plus a couple of lemon clips for me to attach it to the Minor torch. Because I had the Oxycon too, he also did the piping for that too.

Gin.Gina

thank you for your suggestions everyone! I really couldn't afford to get it all from Martin, but have managed to find everything I need....I think! It's been a bit of a struggle but it's cost me £50 in the end so was well worth persevering with :) Fingers crossed that it all fits together now haha.

Tinker - that sounds like it would become a pain very quickly! I managed to find some 6mm quick release connectors for about 1/3 of the price I was originally quoted so I'm a happy bunny that will not need to wield a wrench every day  ;D

Moira HFG

Well done you! Patience rewarded.
Thanks for the link for the quick release connectors - I don't use them at the moment, but if I do I'll get them there!

:)

BeeBeads

Well done for sorting it all for yourself!  What a difference in price .. it just shows how much can be saved.