Studio Spring Clean

Started by Calico Cat, May 27, 2014, 01:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calico Cat

Spent the weekend "spring cleaning" the shedio and sorting all my glass  ;D

Torch bench

Storage for frit etc.

Glass, glass and more glass . . . .

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

JKC

Beadbug

Wow Carole that looks good; what a lot of glass.

I like the draw set that you have, did you make it yourself.  I could do with something like that for all of the frit.

Lynnybobs

Wow looks like glassy heaven!  :D
Lynnybobs
----x----

GaysieMay

www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Calico Cat

Quote from: Beadbug on May 27, 2014, 02:51:27 PM
Wow Carole that looks good; what a lot of glass.

I like the draw set that you have, did you make it yourself.  I could do with something like that for all of the frit.

The drawer units came from Storage for Crafts. The larger double one was custom made - I was near them at an exhibition and explained what I needed so they adapted one of their units to take the trays rather than boxes. The smaller single ones are one of their standard lines. Basically all their stuff is designed to fit the Very Useful boxes and trays.

Tonyb

Wow - very nice.

What is the material on the wall behind your torch? - I assume it is reflective. I'm setting up a new shedio soon so after tips to help with light etc. Thanks

www.beadables.co.uk

Calico Cat

Quote from: Tonyb on May 28, 2014, 04:40:51 PM

What is the material on the wall behind your torch? - I assume it is reflective. I'm setting up a new shedio soon so after tips to help with light etc. Thanks

It's "pleated" steel - the side against the wall has about 2cm "fins" about 5cm apart creating an air gap between the sheet and the wall - it's to stop me burning the back wall if I turn the torch up for Boro  ;)m

My OH found it at a boot sale - we think it might have been part of a fridge.

Tonyb

Quote from: Calico Cat on May 28, 2014, 06:26:13 PM
Quote from: Tonyb on May 28, 2014, 04:40:51 PM

It's "pleated" steel - the side against the wall has about 2cm "fins" about 5cm apart creating an air gap between the sheet and the wall - it's to stop me burning the back wall if I turn the torch up for Boro  ;)m

My OH found it at a boot sale - we think it might have been part of a fridge.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought about protecting the back wall of my shedio and you have given me an idea - I have an unsed radiator in my garage (I never throw anything away!) which I might put against my back wall in the shedio. As it is white it will reflect the light and protect the wood from the heat.

www.beadables.co.uk