glass storage furniture

Started by cas, April 26, 2014, 05:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cas

I'm looking for something to store my glass rods in. Any ideas???
What do other people do?

bearyboo

I have sone small metal filing cabinets from Ikea, they are very sturdy and long enough to hold the glass

Danielle x

the lady with the lamp

Hi I use pvc pipe from b and q you just cut it into about 14 inch pieces and glue it with white silicone you can also get a pvc pipe cutter that makes it a lot quicker and you don't have to sand the ends there are some posts on here with pics of my studio if you have a look hope this helps you out Parin.

June

We've got pvc drainpipe from Screwfix  :)

MyPrecious

Kathy

My website

Niki Gough

I used to have a wine rack with pipe in however ordered some of the Beadpress cubes on the link above and they are amazing, would definitely recommend them.
Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.

Jay9

I picked up 40 tubes (same size as PVC pipe) from my local scrapstore. Cost me £5 for the lot along with a load of other fun stuff  ;D
Janine  xx

"You only retire when you stop doing something you don't like and start doing something you do"

PatriciaP

I use the same small metal filing cabinets from IKEA recommended by bearyboo. The drawers are a perfect depth for glass rods and they are sturdy and smart looking too!  :)

Pauline

I use cut up white plastic waste pipe as well
but take a look here at what everyone else does it is fascinating
http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27522.0

tinker

Cut up waste pipe is by far the most flexible and effective, and affordable!  Its easy to cut with a little junior hacksaw and then I just pop a bit of tape over one end as I have an open book case

GaysieMay

I took the bottom two drawers out of a little set of slim drawers and filled the with the small round drain pipes cut to length (think they are about 5-6cm in diameter) the top drawer I left as it's useful for rollers and other tools.  Gave fun - got mine from a second hand shop for a tender - the tubes cost me more! X
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Moira HFG

It's worth checking ebay.

I got two ex-post office metal chests of drawers which fit rods perfectly, at a bargain price.

Angie

Ikeas square shelving is great for cut up waste pipe and also fits Maris Louise's glass storage inners
www.angiesnelling.com
In the future, all will be glass...

DementedMagpie

I have a fairly deep wooden box that originally contained some bottles of wine, turned on its side and slowly being filled with those cardboard tubes that some whisky bottles come in, which is where I store the rods. Plus there's a stacked set of filing trays I rescued from the office bin, for storing the pots of frit and such.

I feel I should point out that most of the alcohol in question was consumed by other people.
Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

ruth

Bearyboo 's partner makes the most fantastic glass rod racks and he can make them to size. That is he will

make the size of rack that will nicely fit in the space in your studio.

Ruth
Frittering the children's inheritance.