Revamped Studio

Started by Barnacle Bay, January 13, 2014, 12:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnacle Bay

I am very pleased to announce that after a hectic weekend our studio revamp is finished  :)

What it used to look like (a bit cluttered  :-[ ):

And now.... Ta Dah!

It even comes with a fridge with Bud in it   :D

Hope you likes it.

Lou
XX

Shirley

Lovely job! You've got a great space there :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Kaylee

You are very neat and organised!  Lovely  :)

Barnacle Bay

Thanks Shirley, I'm really super happy, so much space and what is out of view is that it goes off another metre to the right which will take the potters wheel which has been in storage for yonks, and enough space for a super big kiln (still saving up for that), so I must remember to do the lotto  :D

Kaylee - it won't stay that tidy for long but I will try to keep it tidy  ;)

bob proulx

Well done. If you think that is clutter I would be ashamed to show you my area when I am doing a project.     :D
Bob

Pat from Canvey

Since I only have about 100th of that space, I'm really jealous but I do have an office chair on castors so that I can scoot back quickly if I drop a marble in my lap    :o  :o  :o 

Barnacle Bay

Bob - I know what you mean  ;)

Pat -  I tried my office chair with wheels, but I was wasting too much time scooting round & round - a bit like a fair ground ride far too much fun I was having on it, plus my beer kept spilling  :D :D

Lotti

Have serious studio envy!  ;) :)

hopejacare

There is alot to be said for an organized workspace - I find it helps me concentrate on creative things....lol...looks FABULOUS! Happy playing now. Cheers Claire x

bearyboo

Andy Davies

Ah... the joy of space, my work bench is like the bottom of a baby's pram and the rest of the work shop is a minefield.

What do you do about ventilation?

.... Andy
Andy Davies

Barnacle Bay

Quote from: hopejacare on January 13, 2014, 03:59:46 PM
There is alot to be said for an organized workspace - I find it helps me concentrate on creative things....lol...looks FABULOUS! Happy playing now. Cheers Claire x

Totally agree with you - space is very creative esp being organised as it opens up your mind  ;)

Quote from: Andy Davies on January 13, 2014, 05:37:47 PM
Ah... the joy of space, my work bench is like the bottom of a baby's pram and the rest of the work shop is a minefield.

What do you do about ventilation?

.... Andy

Hi Andy, ventilation is not a problem thankfully in this area 4 x 3.5 mtrs).   I have 3 windows plus 2 doors. When working on the torch, I open 2 top openers which gives a good flow of air that wisps any noxious nasties well out - tried and proven over the past 2 years, and non of my carbon dectors has sounded yet.  I have had it all approved by a registered gas engineer (for insurance purposes) and he was more than happy with the setup after running full diagnostic tests including ventilation.  All appliances although not really needed have been PAT Tested.

Back to play!

Nicknack

Lovely, tidy space!  I must try and clear mine out.  We had 19 of us for Boxing day lunch, and to fit everyone in, and have room to keep all the food handy etc we had to put LOADS of stuff in my workshop, and it's still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(  One day.................. ::)

Enjoy your lovely space.

Nick

Dee Dee

flowerjasper

wow!
am very jealous... I share my glass with my dog grooming.
Enjoy your new space  ;)
sandy