MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - October

Started by Krysia@No98, October 05, 2013, 08:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopejacare

I love anything and everything purple........eggplant beads are all fab. cheers claire Xx

Nicknack

Nice work, everyone!  Here are my eggplant beads.  Not a good photo, sorry, I took them outside, and the light is wrong (but better than when I used the flash indoors!).  The left hand one has frit on (can't remember which), the right hand one has SIS and dots of heffalump and (I think) aurae, and the bottom one is a floral BHB.

IMG_0393 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

I must work on my photography.

Nick

Nammie

These are some of my eggplant beads

eggplantbeads by Nammie's Pics, on Flickr
The 3 with frit on the left have yet to be annealed so are still 'eggplant coloured'. The others all lightened once annealed and the 'curdled' look become more pronounced. There seemed to be a huge variation of end colour, just look at the BHB on the right, he's much lighter than the rest (also will have been the one I worked longest). I don't dislike the effect but I loved the colour before annealing too.

I also had a little play with plunged dots and even achieved 2 beads similar enough to make a pair...

eggplant earrings by Nammie's Pics, on Flickr

Thank you so much Jellybean for the generous parcel including some eggplant so I could have a play.

Krysia@No98

Drum Roll......

The winner for Octoberis....

Nammie.

Well done.  I shall PM you in a mo.

Thank you to everyone that's entered this month's challenge.  Ta - Krysia
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Nicknack

Nammie

OoooOOOO! Thank you!

I feel a little shopping coming on....

Glassy Lou

Congrats Nammie. Early christmas present :)

Nammie

Thank you Lou. I see you won the other challenge, are you having the same dilemma as me? Tools or glass? "I'll be able to do xyz with one of those..." versus " Preeeeety colours!"

Jane C ♫

Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website