MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE - October

Started by Krysia@No98, September 26, 2013, 05:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerensky

Great Witch and lovely skulls, don't usually look at these threads - what was I thinking?!

x

Purple Cobwebs

Fantastic Kaz!

Here is my ghost, pumpkin, and mutant 6 legged spider!!!!

I may reattempt these!!!!!
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Glassy Lou

They're so cute - sorry if you were shooting for scary ;)
The spider is my favourite. Looks like the one that scampered across the rug and under my tv last night   :o

Skyblue

Love the witchy, ghosty, pumpkin and spider ! Im trying to think of something to make cos im actually going to have a go on the torch today woohoo.

Jane C ♫

I made a hungry flying pumpkin monster creature!

(scuse the crack ... it was a bit big for the vermiculite!)
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Skyblue

He looks like a very happy monster Jane :)

Pat from Canvey

It's a good start Jane. If you make another, try squishing the green "wings" with your tweezers as that will turn them into fins.

Jane C ♫

Aww thanks Skyblue.

Pat - I did squish them with tweezers but didn't want to make them too thin after my previous attempt at larger wings (a month or so ago) cracked off while I was working on it, poinged across the kitchen and set fire to the back doormat! Also I knew I was vermiculite annealing so wanted to make sure they had a chance of survival! Next time I'll put the kiln on before I start ...

Purplecobwebs - love the eyes on your spider, and your pumpkin has a real air of menace ...
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Kalorlo

I tried a Halloween jellyfish. (I will be having another go to try and get the tentacles more opaque).

Irene

those are great beads! I really like the spider, it has attitude!!  And oh so beautiful jellyfish. I hope I can learn how to do that one day.

Pat from Canvey

Another great jellyfish Heather, and Jane, try leaving the squishing to last thing you do.

hopejacare

Wow these are all so great.....what variety and super ideas. Xx

Nicknack

Love the witch, Jellyfish and spider! Here are a pair of rather strange zombies

IMG_0397 by nicknack2014, on Flickr
and a slightly fuzzy ghost

IMG_0390 by nicknack2014, on Flickr

Nick

Nammie

Nick, we obviously think alike...

ghost by Nammie's Pics, on Flickr

I considered bats and cats and even pumpkins but decided I had all the necessary skills to represent ectoplasm :) (He's not quite just a blob, he is hollow under his 'skirt')

Nicknack

Gaynor (Purple Cobwebs) had the same idea, too!  Yours is the smiliest.

Nick