MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE - October

Started by Krysia@No98, September 26, 2013, 05:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

The theme of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Tuffnells Glass (thank you Martin et al!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Tuffnells. The draw will take place at the start of **November** so make sure you get your entries in before midnight on the last day of October to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

Please note that the entries should be new work.

So, the theme for the month for October 2013 is Halloween.

(I know this is a bit predictable for this month, but I have seen some great stuff going up and I would love to see people giving it a go!)
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

helbels

I feel more able to tackle Halloween than Birds!

Pauline

ooooohhh  ghosts, pumpkins, whitches and wizards, SWWEEEETTTSSSS

Glassy Lou

I'm starting to really enjoy these challenges.
My entry for this month is Wanda the witch :)

DSCN6528 by GlassyLou, on Flickr

Jane C ♫

Oh Lou that's so cute!

A quick question if you don't mind ... do you go straight from mandrel to kiln? I tried a similar shape bead (a mushroom!) and the rim snapped off in the vermiculite.
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

helbels

Very unlikely you could make a bead that big/detailed without a kiln I am afraid.

Jane C ♫

Hi Helbels - I've got a kiln (SC2 with bead door), but have been annealing in verm first, then removing from mandrels and annealing in kiln. Will have to pluck up the courage to pop them in while it's on!
Hand Painted Silk and Fused Glass Artist.
Lampwork Beginner!
Website

Glassy Lou

Yep. Straight from the flame to the kiln.

Skyblue

Purple Cobwebs

Fantastic witch!!!! I have a few spooky goings on in the kiln today. I love Halloween! My normal wardrobe was meant for Halloween!!!!! Not too long ago I was walking to t'pub as one does on a Friday night, and some kids shouted "Lady, It's not Halloween yet!"!!!!! A Bat is not just for Halloween ;-)
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Trudi

Fiona

Kaz

These are my first attempts at Day of the Dead decorated skulls.
I'm hoping they will improve with practice!

IMG_3048 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Glassy Lou

I love those! They're such great fun to make too :)

Skyblue

Those are brilliant Kaz , really bright and eyecatching .