MONTHLY THEME CHALLENGE - September

Started by Krysia@No98, September 02, 2013, 08:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia@No98

The theme of the month challenge is jointly sponsored by Tuffnells Glass (thank you Martin et al!) and Frit Happens!

Each month the lucky winner, chosen by a random number selector, will receive a £20 gift voucher to spend on-line with Tuffnells. The draw will take place at the start of **October** so make sure you get your entries in before midnight on the last day of September to be in with a chance to win the goodies!

Please note that the entries should be new work.

So, the theme for the month for September 2013 is Birds.
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Pauline

ooooooohhhh  Madeline taught me how to do chickens, though whether I can do it again without her standing behind me telling me I can I'm not sure!!!!

MadelineBunyan

shall I stand here and tell you you can instead? course you can!

Calico Cat

Can I start you off with a couple of silly birds that came out of the kiln yesterday?

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Krysia@No98

good start, and yes I want to see the Pauline interpretation of Madeline's chickens
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Red Dragon

Here are a couple of chicken brooches left over from a recent commission....

Bob

jeannette

Skyblue

This is going to be a good one ! Love the birds already posted :)

Pauline

ok I've got a chicken cooking, whether she will survive in 1 piece is another question

Pauline

where were you Madeline? I either didn't cook her enough before she went into cook, or it was the overshoot to 535 when I tried to skip a segment after she had been garaging for 2 hours so here she is on mandrel before it gets any worse

P9040678 by seally beads, on Flickr

and her crack

P9040681 by seally beads, on Flickr
:( :( :(

Pat from Canvey

Pauline, if she's not got any worse, I'd be tempted to put her back into a cold kiln and rework her. There's lots about her that is good so you won't lose anything by having a go but take a picture first just in case.

MadelineBunyan

I'm with Pat, there is a lot about her that is good!
I would say it does look like a warming issue, I'm guessing you were worried about losing her face, tis a good face!
look forward to seeing the next one!

Lynnybobs

Aww she is really lovely what a shame about the crack  :(
Lynnybobs
----x----